I am a psychotherapist with 13 years of post-qualification clinical experience, and 18 years of pastoral care.
Trained in the integration of clinical mental health counselling with religion and spirituality, I have experience of working with both religiously/spiritually oriented clients and those for whom religion and spirituality are not significant.
Having respect for human diversity, acknowledging the uniqueness of individuals, and valuing each person's life experience, I can deliver counselling and psychotherapy to individuals and groups in a multi-culturally sensitive and contextually relevant manner.
It is my belief that counselling can make a difference in human lives. Professionally, I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and thus I abide by the ethical, legal, and professional guidelines of this professional body.
How I can help you.
You want to live your life to the full, as much as is possible. However, you may be experiencing the feeling that there can be something preventing the fulfilment of this goal in your life. Pain and anxiety may be preventing you from living your full potential.
It can be difficult to overcome the challenges to a richer and fuller life. Emotional and behavioural difficulties, relationship struggles, loss, grief, loneliness, trauma, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, and chronic pain can make it difficult to live your life fully.
Cultural, religious, spiritual, social, and personal identity issues can diminish your joy, and prevent you from living your life fully. Without professional help, relief, joy, and fulfilment can remain an illusion.
I invite you to sit with me, in the safe and confidential space that I offer, and we can explore together your unique life experiences, and find ways to help you move towards achieving your goals.
The help that you need could just be a phone call away.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Ph.D. in Counsellor Education and Supervision, Loyola University, Maryland, 2019.
- M.Sc. in Pastoral Counselling, Loyola University Maryland, USA, 2007.
- B.A. Honours in Religious Studies, University of Zimbabwe, 2002.
- Certificate of Proficiency (CoP) of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), UK.
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC), USA.
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), UK.
- Member of the British Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), UK.
- Professional Member of the American Counseling Association (ACA), USA.
- Professional Member of the American Counseling Association (APA), USA.
- Full Member of the Zimbabwe Psychological Association (ZPA), Zimbabwe.
- Place2Be, London, UK.
- Clinical Partners, London, UK.
- InsideOut, London, UK.
- Ubuntu Healthcare Trust, Zimbabwe.
- The Family and Youth Services Bureau, Maryland, USA.
- The Crisis Intervention Center, Maryland, USA.
- The Fouse Center, Maryland, USA.
- Faith & Light, Zimbabwe.
- Ecumenical HIV and AIDS Initiative, Zimbabwe.
- Transformative Masculinities, Zimbabwe.
- Mavambo Trust, Zimbabwe.
- Redemptorists, Zimbabwe.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My baseline fee is £50 per session.
Concessions offered for
Please contact me directly for availability. You can book by using this link:
You can call or email me to set up an initial session in which we will talk together about your counselling needs. After this we can agree whether or not to continue working together.