Wendy Scott PGDip (MBACP) Counsellor/Psychotherapist
Whatever your troubles are, consider sharing them in a safe, confidential place. Do you desire change or simply just someone to hear you? Take the opportunity to breathe, reflect and grow. Nurture your own capacity to understand yourself better. I am a qualified integrative psychotherapist/counsellor with fourteen, rich years of varied client group experience. I am committed, empathic and deeply passionate in my counselling relationships. I feel privileged if you choose to share your life with me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- HNC Person centred counselling. Coatbridge College.
- HND Integrative Counselling. Coatbridge College.
- Accreditation in Alcohol Counselling (COSCA) Integrative. Edinburgh University.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Person Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy. Strathclyde University.
- COSCA Counselling Skills Certificate.
- Certificate in Adolescent Addiction. Keele University.
- NHS Certificate in Overdose Awareness, Basic Life Support & Naloxone training.
- Certificate in Harm Reduction & Safer Injecting.
- Asist. Suicide intervention Skills training.
Qualified and accredited in the Person Centred approach, combined with training to Diploma level in:
- Humanistic Approaches
- Psychodynamic Approaches
- Behavioural and Cognitive Approaches
- Loss, grief and bereavement in a counselling context
- Member of BACP. British Association of counsellors & Psychotherapists
- Member of CIPN. Counselling in Prisons Network
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
£40.00 for one hour session.
I can be contacted on 07751353509 after 5pm Monday – Friday and at anytime on weekends. Feel free, to phone, or text. We can have a fifteen-minute chat to determine if you feel you want to book an appointment. I can also be contacted by email.
If you feel more comfortable in your own environment and can provide a quiet space in your own home, I will come to you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekends. Early and Later Evening.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|