Wendy Martin - Specialist Fertility, Individual and Couples Counsellor
I would like to extend a warm welcome to my profile.
Whether you have had counselling before or this is the first time you've considered seeking professional support for a difficult issue in your life, I hope I may be able to offer something that can help you at this time.
I have been a counsellor for twenty years and have a wide range of experience in individual and couple therapy.
I invite you to get in touch if you would like to know more about how I can help you. You can call or text me on: 07847 263 794 or click here to send me an email.
Area I can help you with are:
Specialist Infertility and Miscarriage Counselling
I specialise in counselling women, men, couples, single women and lesbian couples who are experiencing difficulties having the family they desire.
I can offer support if you are:
- Undergoing fertility tests, investigations and treatments.
- Suffering miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy or multiple miscarriages.
- Having assisted or donor conception treatment outside the UK.
- Having to make the decision to terminate a much wanted pregnancy.
- Ending or not even starting fertility treatment.
- Considering adoption.
- Experiencing secondary infertility where a second child is alluding you.
- Facing life without children for whatever reason.
- Experiencing the grief of having no children in the later stages of life.
I provide skilled therapeutic support at times of stress or distress which allows you to find your own way to a greater understanding of yourself and your problems and to find your way towards the solutions that work best for you.
I also offer ongoing therapy for counselling students in training at a reduced fee.
How can you access my services?
If you live in or around Bristol or in the South West of England I can see you at my practice room in Bishopston, Bristol.
The post code is BS7 9DR and my practice room is situated conveniently for the city centre, the M32, M4 and M5. Free parking is available in the streets nearby.
Counselling by Skype or Telephone anywhere in the UK or abroad
If you don't live in or around Bristol - or you don't live in the UK - you can have face-to-face counselling from the comfort of your own home by Skype or over the telephone.
My Skype ID is wendy-martin1
For more information about my service go to www.wendymartin.org
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained as a Humanistic, 'Person-Centred' therapist and as such I provide an open, non-judgemental, non-directive therapeutic relationship to enable you to find the answers and resolutions to the difficulties you are experiencing.
- BA (Hons) Developmental Psychology (University of Sussex)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (University of Bristol)
In addition to my private counselling practice I have worked in a range of settings:
- Specialist Fertility Counsellor at The Centre for Reproductive Medicine (from 1997 to 2007) and at The Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine (since 2008).
- Specialist Fertility Counsellor for the Bristol Fertility Clinic at the Spire Hospital (from 2014 to date)
- Specialist Fertility Counsellor for St Michael's NHS Hospital Bristol (2014 to date)
- Student Counsellor at The University of Bristol Student Counselling Service and at a Bristol College of Further Education from 1994 to 2009 counselling students of all ages and across a huge range of life experiences.
- Specialist Sexual Assault Counsellor at the Bristol Sexual Assault Referral Centre (from 2008 to 2013) working with people who have been sexually abused in childhood, or traumatised sexually or sexually assaulted as adults.
Regulation, Registration and Accreditation
British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
I am an accredited member of BACP (MBACP)
For further information see http://www.BACP.co.uk
British Infertility Counselling Association
I am an accredited member of BICA (AMBICA)
For further information see http://www.bica.net
BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
I am registered as an accredited member of BACP on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists in line with Professional Standards Authority Requirements. For further information see http://www.bacpregister.co.uk/
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Special offer: book and pay for six sessions in advance and save £5.00 per session on the normal fees.
£40.00 per hour for individuals.
£45.00 per hour for couples.
£30.00 per hour for counselling students in training.
I am qualified to offer hypnosis by the British Society for Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH) which provides training for clinical practitioners such as doctors, psychotherapists, counsellors, psychologists and dentists.
Almost any condition can be treated easily and effectively using hypnotherapy and it really can make a difference.
How do I use Hypnosis in my therapeutic work as a Counsellor?
I use hypnosis to help heighten the therapeutic benefit of counselling when someone is struggling with issues such as low self-esteem, anxiety and stress or difficulties with sleeping caused by worrying life events. In particular hypnosis can help alleviate the distress and worry that can accompany fertility treatment.
As well as giving you self confidence in anxiety-provoking situations such as social gatherings or public speaking, hypnosis can eliminate such self-limiting fears in a simple, natural and effortless way.
Hypnosis can also be used to help with fears of needles and anxiety around medical procedures as well as other phobias and addictive behaviours such as over-eating and smoking.
If you would like to know more about how I can help you. You can call or text me on: 07847 263 794 or click here to send me an email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Appointments by Skype anywhere in the world|
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays - last appointment 7 pm. I also offer occasional 8 pm sessions if you cannot make any other times.
Types of client