Wendy Godber MNCS (Accred)
Since 1996 following my Person Centred counselling training at the university of surrey, I have been working in both a private practice and in the voluntary sector. My experience includes working as a mental health practitioner in the NHS for several years both in London and the south east. Now, having returned to my roots in the Midlands, I live in the Peak District. The counselling psychotherapy I give, puts you in charge, by that I mean what feels comfortable and appropriate for you.
My additional training in Integrative Humanistic Psychotherapy equips me with a broader range of skills. This gives you the freedom to explore the deeper issues which are difficult or even impossible to talk about with family or friends. Together we can explore what troubles you, enabling you to emerge with a much clearer insight and a better perspective on your life. This leads to a greater appreciation of who you are and what you can achieve. Counselling can be a powerful experience it can equip you with the confidence to make those vital changes needed to have a happier and more fulfilling life.
I provide comfortable premises in which you can relax and be assured of being warmly welcomed in safety and confidentiality to explore your difficulties. I have an enhanced DBS and my experience includes working with young people and adults who bring a diverse range of emotional and psychological problems, including LGBT affirmative support.
The way I work with individuals may reflect my outside interests, which include music and writing, as these passions by way of using the arts therapeutically in my practice. My main focus in this area is Gestalt although as an integrative therapist, I generally use a combination of modalities including:
- Guided imagery
I welcome any questions, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Certificate in Person Centred Counselling for professionals.
- PG Dip. Integrative Psychotherapy.
- Dip. DMP. (Deep Memory Process) Regression hypnotherapy.
- RMN/RN. Registered Mental Health Nurse, Registered Nurse.
- BA (Hons) Philosophy
Experience/ Further training (Continuous Professional Development)
- Telephone Helpline Drugs/substance misuse.
- Post Natal Depression.
- Bereavement Training.
- Creative Writing Groupwork
- CBT courses.
- Attachment and Loss.
- SFBT Solution Focussed Brief Therapy.
- Self Harm & Suicide
- DMP (Deep Memory Process)
Current and previous organisational work:
- YPI Young Persons Independent Counselling centre.
- For ages 11-25 Bereavement counselling.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Gay Affirmative Therapy
- Past Life Regression Therapy (DMP
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- My charges are £40 for one hour.
I offer concessions for students, the low waged and benefit users. Additionally, I am willing to negotiate fees for other counselling practitioners. For different complimentary therapists I am happy to participate in a skills exchange option.
My location is within 10 minutes walking distance from the nearest bus stop in Bakewell Road. There is easy access by bus or train from Matlock, Bakewell and outlying towns in Derbyshire.
If you are driving, there is ample parking space in the forecourt of my home.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Bank holidays to suit individual requirements.
Types of client