Walk Tall Counselling Services
Trinity Resource Centre
185 Parrock Street
Walk Tall offers affordable counselling to adults, children, young people and couples.
We understand that your difficulties affect you in an individual way and therefore one approach to therapy does not fit all. Walk Tall provides access to a variety of counsellors from different theoretical approaches, including those with specialist training in areas such as working with children, young people, addictions and couples. This means that we are able to provide a bespoke and tailored service to meet your individual needs.
We are able to offer both long and short term therapy, based upon your needs.
All of our counsellors are members of the BACP or UKCP and therefore adhere to their ethical and professional framework. Our counsellors also hold valid DBS certificates.
As a charity we are able to provide counselling on a sliding scale, based on your individual circumstances.
Walk Tall Counselling offers the following services:
- One to one counselling for adults and young people, we provide services to suit all needs: a LOW COST service. which ranges between £10 and £35 per session depending on income and dependents; ADVANCED PRACTITIONER service for specialized needs starting at £45 per session; CONSULTANT PRACTITIONER service starting at £60 per session for complex needs such as couples and relationship counselling.
- We provide counselling services to schools and corporate organisations. This includes counselling for students, employees and/or staff members as an 'in-house' service at your own location.
- FREE Counselling for Carers service, up to 12 weeks of one to one counselling for those who act as carers.
- Training: We are able to provide mental health continuing professional development to schools and organisations.
Therapy rooms in Gravesham and Dartford in Kent but we extend our services across Kent and into South East London.
Training, qualifications & experience
Our counsellors are from many different walks of life, therefore their individual experience and training is broad and wide ranging. We have experience of working with a variety of mental health concerns and difficulties, including but not limited to:
Trauma and abuse, Anger, Anxiety, Bereavement, Bullying, Depression, Disability, Eating Disorder, Gender Issues, Relationship Difficulties & Stress.
Our practitioners can offer the following types of counselling and psychotherapy:
Integrative, Transactional analysis, Psychodynamic, Existential, Humanistic, Person Centred, Play Therapy.
We also closely follow a social awareness model that encompasses and appreciates a range of clients experiences related to gender, class, race etc
We accept student counsellors on placement. Prospective student counsellors will need to submit a CV and if selected attend an interview.
We also offer counsellor training from level 2 up to level 5 and a large range of CPD courses i.e. addictions, trauma, mental health, abuse etc for those wishing to upskill in your existing professional role or for people wishing to learn more about how these impact.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
LOW COST service, which ranges between £10 and £35 per session depending on income and dependents;
ADVANCED PRACTITIONER service for specialized needs starting at £45 per session;
CONSULTANT PRACTITIONER service starting at £60 per session for complex needs such as couples and relational counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Open 6 days a week daytime and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|