Walk Tall Counselling Services
Our professional service has 30 therapists, both male and female. Walk Tall provides therapeutic counselling for a wide range of difficulties. Our counsellors have a broad range of expertise and specialisms, including addictions, bereavement, couples, children and young people.
Our therapists have previous experience within community drug and alcohol services, inpatient rehabilitation services, schools, doctors surgeries, charities, hospices, colleges, private practice and within Walk Tall.
We provide both short term and open-ended counselling. The service is flexible and can accommodate daytime and evening sessions 6 days a week in Dartford and Gravesend town centres.
Our therapists are trained in several different theoretical approaches. This means that our counsellors can provide the therapy needed to tailor your sessions to meet your individual needs and goals (please see the types of therapies we offer below).
Walk Tall offers affordable counselling to adults, children, young people and couples.
All of our counsellors are members of the BACP or UKCP and therefore adhere to their ethical and professional framework. Our counsellors also hold valid DBS certificates.
Therapy rooms in Gravesham and Dartford in Kent but we extend our services across Kent and into South East London.
Training, qualifications & experience
Walk Tall offers the following additional services:
- We provide counselling services to schools and corporate organisations. This includes counselling for students, employees and/or staff members as an 'in-house' service at your own location.
- Training: We are able to provide mental health continuing professional development (CPD) to schools and organisations.
- Counselling placements. We accept student counsellors on placement. Prospective student counsellors will need to submit a CV and if selected attend an interview.
- Professional counsellor training. We provide professional accredited counsellor training from level 2 up to level 5
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
As a charity we are able to provide counselling on a sliding scale, based on your individual circumstances.
LOW COST service,which ranges between £15 and £35 per session depending on income and dependents;
CONSULTANT PRACTITIONER service starting at £45 per session for specialist or complex needs such as couples counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Open 6 days a week daytime and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|