Walk Tall Counselling Services
Northfleet Industrial Estate
Walk Tall's Counselling Service is coordinated by our highly skilled and experienced management team who oversee our dedicated group of 23 counsellors and psychotherapists who encompass many different counselling abilities and approaches. We believe the breadth and depth of our experience means we are exceptionally well prepared to meet the variety of needs and issues that you might bring.
Based in Northfleet, Kent, we extend our services across Kent and into South East London.
Walk Tall Counselling offers the following services:
- To young people aged 5-19 who are not able to access counselling within full-time education, training or employment, and who are on a low income we offer FREE counselling. This service is kindly funded by Children in Need.
- To adults and young people not included in the Children in Need criteria, we offer a LOW COST counselling service. Typically we can ask as little as £10 per session and up to £30:00 dependant on income.
- To individuals, schools and other organisations, we offer our Outreach Service where we can second a counsellor or counsellors to your location and conduct sessions with your pupils/staff members/other affiliates.
- To anybody who acts as a carer, we offer a free service for up to 12 weeks
- Typically we offer 30 weeks for children and 12 weeks for adults although this can be prolonged dependant on clients needs should this be considered neccessary
Training, qualifications & experience
Mandy Brewster, Counsellor/Psychotherapist head of Mental health services and tuition
FDSc intcouns, BA intcouns, PCE, BACP(Accredited register)
Nikki O'Rourke counsellor/Psychotherapist services manager
FDSc intcouns, CTLLS BACP (accredited register)
Julie Gardiner, Counsellor/supervisor head of supervisory services
Dip intcouns, L 6 supervision, BACP (accredited register)
Walk Tall Counsellors work according to BACP ethics.
We have broad experience of counselling for the kind of issues you might bring, including:
Trauma and abuse, Anger, Anxiety, Bereavement, Bullying, Depression, Disability, Eating Disorder, Gender Issues, Relationship Difficulties & Stress.
Our practitioners can offer the following types of counselling and psychotherapy:
Integrative, Transactional analysis, Psychodynamic, Existential, Humanistic, Person Centred, Play Therapy.
We also closely follow a social awareness model that encompasses and appreciates a range of clients experiences related to gender, class, race etc
We accept student counsellors on placement. Prospective student counsellors will need to submit interview and will practice for Walk Tall only with approval of the management team.
We also offer counsellor training from level 2 up to level 5 and a large range of CPD courses i.e. addictions, trauma, mental health, abuse etc for those of you wishing to upskill in your existing professional role or for people wishing to learn more about how these impact.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
CHILDREN IN NEED funded service: FREE to those who are eligible.
Low Cost Service: from £10 - £30 per session.
The outreach service for individuals, schools and other organisations: fee negotiable.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Open 6 days a week daytime and evenings
Types of client