Vivienne Sutton - Reg MBACP (Accred) Bsc, Adv.Dip Counselling.
Thank you for viewing my profile; if you or someone close to you is struggling with their life, if strong emotions are becoming overwhelming and painful, or you need support with a particular situation, then counselling can be tremendously helpful. Counselling can provide support, clarity and growth. Over the next few paragraphs I will introduce myself, and explain some of the ways I could help. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me - see contact details.
My work as a Counsellor began in 1991 when I worked within a secondary school as a school Counsellor; since then I have the opportunity to work in a variety of roles within both Mental Health - NHS, Social Care and the Private sector. I have had 5 years experience working as a Practice Counsellor within the NHS and more recently have developed my private practice based in Wellington Somerset, where I have a comfortable, private, and accessible space.
How I Work
I am an Integrative Counsellor, which means I incorporate a range of therapeutic approaches in my practice including; CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), Gestalt Therapy, Mindfulness, and more recently spiritual counselling, fundamentally I have a person centred approach and believe that whatever modality is used, it is the relationship with the client which is at the heart of the counselling process.
I work with Individuals, Groups and Young People 13+
Is Counselling Right For You?
At some point in our lives we all experience difficulties and challenges, sometimes we can become overwhelmed and lose hope. Seeking counselling is a vital part of regaining clarity and purpose when our coping mechanisms have reached their limit. The Counsellor is a compassionate witness, a neutral person, who can challenge us gently and help us see things more clearly.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Reg MBACP (Accred)
- Diploma in Health and Social Welfare Open University
- Bsc Sociology & Psychology Open University
- Advanced Diploma In Counselling DCCP
- Certificate in Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- 5 years working within the NHS (Practice Counsellor) working with a wide variety of issues; short - long term work. Depression and anxiety, loss, abuse, divorce and relationship breakdown. Provided counselling for young people, bullying, school issues, relationship issues, OCD and anxiety.
- 8 years Individual work with adults and teenagers 13 +
- Post 16 Counsellor Community Education
- 3 years developing Mental Health Services (including running a day centre for Adults with Mental Health problems)
- Working with Addictions, Offending behaviour - young people and adults.
- Facilitating a variety of support groups; for Devon Probation Service. Community Education, looking at bullying, low self esteem and issues surrounding offending behaviour.
- 5 years experience with Devon Mediation Service, community based issues between individuals and groups.
- Currently run a support group in Wellington (please contact for further information)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Support Groups
- Working with Trauma
- Domestic Violence
- Conflict resolution
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Free 20 minute consultation. This an opportunity to come and meet me so you can see if I am the right counsellor for you.
1 hour session - £45
Please ask about concessionary rates
1 hour session - £50
Please contact me for further details
Do come along and meet me for a free 20 minutes session or arrange a telephone consult.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday, half day Friday. Evening sessions available on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - please contact for further details
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|