Viviane Allinson PG Dip.Couns.,Registered MBACP
I am a mature and experienced counsellor with over 14 years face-to-face counselling in all aspects of The Human Condition. I have wide and comprehensive personal experience of life's many challenges and have worked in both the corporate world and as self-employed. I have also been a daughter, a wife, a mother, a grandmother.
My practice is person-centred but mainly solution-focused, as I have spent over 10 years in Employee Assistance Programs (Workplace counselling). I have successfully helped clients with issues of stress, anxiety, anger, low self-esteem, loss, bereavement (including pets), relationships (including family relationships) & matrimonial issues, workplace & career issues, domestic abuse, rape & sexual abuse, false allegations, and many of the other issues that life deals to us.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Registered Member 2011;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy / Bangor University (MA) 2010;
- Motivational Interviewing / Cais Drug & Alcohol Agency 2010;
- CBT for PTSD / Adam May for The rape & Sexual Abuse Support Centre (N.Wales) 2008;
- CBT / Paul Green for the RASA Support Centre (N.Wales) 2008;
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy / Paul Grantham for SDS Ltd 2008;
- NLP Workshop / RASA Support Centre (N.Wales) 2008.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
- Psychodynamic therapy
Fees per 1-hour session = £40
I work within the strict ethical framework of the BACP.
My counselling style is primarily person-centred to establish good therapeutic engagement, but with a solution-focused working model using an eclectic approach to the best-fit therapy for the client and their issues.
Types of therapy include Analytic, Behavioural, Brief Therapy, CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), Cognitive Analytic, Eclectic, Gestalt, Humanistic, NLP, Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Relational, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, TA.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday - 10am to 4pm (by appointment and subject to availability)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|