My name is Victoria Gaponenco (psychologist/psychotherapist) and I am committed to provide psychotherapy and EMDR in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment in West London.
I provide a space where you can be heard and have an opportunity to explore your world. I believe that you hold the answers to your issues and that my role is to help you find those answers rather than to be an expert giving advice.
I work with both individuals and couples on an open-ended basis or for an agreed time period, with the aim of enabling you to enhance your life to live it more fully.
Training, qualifications & experience
I completed my degree in Psychology at Middlesex University and qualified as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist at the New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling (NSPC) and Middlesex University. I am currently writing my doctoral thesis at NSPC and Middlesex University.
A professional and registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) (Registered Member MBACP), my work is regulated by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care and the Department of Health.
I am a trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing) practitioner and have incorporated this technique into my therapeutic practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Initial consultations last up to an hour and a half and cost 75 pounds.
The standard fee for a 50-minute session is 50 pounds. EMDR sessions can be up to 90 minutes and cost 75 pounds.
There may, however, be a limited number of places at a reduced rate for those on a low income or undergoing financial difficulties.
For all of us there are times we experience difficulties, problems and challenges in life which may be helped with counselling or psychotherapy.
- Anxiety, panic attacks and phobias
- loss and bereavement
- Low self esteem
- Sexual problems
- Feeling isolated or rejected
- Traumatic experiences both past and present
- Coping with crisis or change
- Lack of purpose, direction and meaning in life
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|