Vida Boreham, Therapeutic Counsellor, MBACP, PG DIP
I am an experienced and registered therapeutic counsellor, in private practice and school settings. I am specifically trained to work with children and young adults. I use this foundation in my work with adults and parents. Thus whilst working with your present-day concerns, we can also be mindful of the inner child/adolescent and redress any earlier unmet needs or unresolved difficulties.
I understand there are times in life when talking to friends or family is not enough. Perhaps you are looking for a more specialist and focussed support strategy for yourself, your family or your child/adolescent.
How I work:
We will work together to find what works best for you and I believe the relationship between us is one of the most important aspects of counselling.
I facilitate you to make sense of your problems, the unhelpful thoughts, beliefs and behaviours which are getting in the way of living the life you want.
I will help you to identify what is important to you and enable you to develop effective new tools to promote a positive change and outcome in your life.
I use a range of therapeutic tools and strategies to tailor the counselling to your, or your family or your child/adolescent's individual and specific needs. This way I ensure we are addressing the concerns/difficulties which are interfering with everyday life.
I will provide support, consistency, validation of your needs, appropriate boundaries and a new perspective, together with a safe, confidential and accepting environment.
I work with the emotional and cognitive aspects of your, or your family or your child/adolescent’s experience in the here and now. I am, however, mindful of the past and your hopes for the future.
If you would like to find out more about me, please get in touch.
I look forward to hearing from you and together working out a suitable plan of support.
I Can Help With:
- Children, Adolescents, Family and Adults;
- Relationship issues;
- Reconstituted families;
- Obsessive/intrusive thoughts;
- Anxiety disorders (incl. ‘tics’, OCD type behaviours, continuous nightmares, disturbed sleep, difficulty sleeping, child not staying in own bed and 'doom/gloom' type thoughts);
- Continually sad/unhappy/low mood;
- Anger and aggression;
- Loss, bereavement and grief;
- Trauma (incl. accidents leading to injury; serious illnesses; emotional neglect; emotional or physical or sexual abuse);
- Post-adoption/adopted and foster care/placement/looked after children;
- Social issues/struggles;
- Behavioural difficulties (incl. clingy/withdrawn/acting out/attention seeking);
- Peer difficulties (incl. difficulty making friends);
- Sibling conflict/rivalries;
- Difficulty settling in/fitting in at school;
- Refuses to go to school;
- At risk of exclusion/excluded
Where I Work:
I work from my home-based counselling room and office in Shortlands, Bromley. I also work from Brighter Spaces in Islington and South London Therapy Group in Sydenham.
My home-based counseling room is a quiet and safe space, which is well equipped to offer all age groups lots to do, so to encourage play, creativity and enable feeling, thinking and talking.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling Children and Adolescents in Schools
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills for Working with Children
- CPCAB Levels 2 and 3 Adult Counselling Skills
- LLB Hons Law
- Private and school based counselling;
- Individual, child, adolescent and family counselling;
- Long term and short term;
- Solution focused work
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
My fees for working from Bromley are:
- £30.00 for the 1-hour initial consultation;
- £35.00 per 50-minute individual child/adolescent session;
- £50.00 per 1-hour parent/family work;
- The above fees include a further meeting (30-minute) every 6 weeks for the duration of the sessions.
- Any further parental consultation/meeting will be charged at £35.00 per 1-hour.
- £50.00 per 1-hour adult work;
- Concession is available at £30.00 and upon discussion
My fees for working from London N1 are:
- £40.00 for the 1-hour initial session/consultation;
- £60.00 per 1-hour session;
- Concession is available at £45.00 and upon discussion
I practice within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day, evening and Saturdays
Types of client