Victoria Spicer Registered MBACP, Dip. Integrative Counselling.
Are you feeling anxious or depressed? Do past events stop you from living in the here and now? Take some time out to unload the weight you carry, call to book counselling session and feel the possibility of change.
I am a qualified integrative counsellor and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Being an integrative counsellor means I offer counselling that fits you, without the restriction of standalone therapies. I practice Person-centred, Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) which enables me to move and change with you though different experiences that have impacted or raised issues within your life.
I will support you while we explore your life and what your experiences mean to you. This can range from talking about difficult and sometimes painful topics to feelings of relief and revelation. It is my aim to provide a warm, confidential relationship in order to promote personal development and change in your quality of life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Integrative Counselling - NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust.
- CATT:Children's Accelerated Trauma Treatment. This also covers adults suffering with single trauma, complex trauma and PTSD.
- Extensive training on working with adult and children, victims and survivors of sexual abuse and/ or rape.
- Certificate in the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults.
- Certificate in the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children and Sexual Exploitation.
- Play therapy/Sand tray work.
- Suicide Prevention work shop.
- I am also Counsellor and Helpline Manager for Family Matters Charity UK. in which I manage phone counsellors who provide assistance to the public in times of crisis.
- I am a private counsellor.
- I am a counsellor for the active listening service. Which provides teenagers with therapy in gravesend.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£35 for daytime sessions: From 9:30pm till 2pm.
£45 for afternoon/evening sessions: 2pm till 9pm.
£30 for trainee counselling Students.
Call to book an appointment or a phone consultation to see how counselling can help you.
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Coping strategies
- Meditation and Visualisation construct