Victoria Olik, MBACP, Dip.Couns
I am passionate about helping people overcome their personal blocks and achieve their goals in therapy. My basis of training is humanistic, person-centred. This means I work with the whole individual, not just the problem or diagnosis. I believe that we all have the potential for growth and to be the unique, amazing person we truly are. Sometimes, we just need a bit of help, through a trusted and empathic professional, to discover that ourselves and find the answers within us.
I have years of experience of working with difficult issues, human distress and managing crisis. Common presenting issues I help clients to work through include mental health, depression, anxiety, loss, themes of identity, relationship issues, panic attacks and trauma. I specialise in the impact of sexual and domestic violence.
I am fortunate enough to have a discreet, comfortable space in central Stamford.
I support all ages above 13 and any gender.
I offer Talking Therapy within;
*A professional relationship based on respect and empathy
*A confidential space for you
*A context of Empowerment & Encouragement
TO GET STARTED - If you would like to begin counselling you can call or email me with your contact details and what kind of availability you have. I will contact you back to have a brief chat about what you would like to get out of counselling. If you are happy to continue we can arrange our first session.
On our initial session I will get to know you and what your expectations of counselling are. I will go through what you can expect from me and then you may wish to book a further session. Some clients prefer to agree a definite amount of sessions and some prefer to review this as the work progresses.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling- Integrative training. My theoretical model is person centred with insights from object relations (attachment theory).
- Counselling Studies level 3, Counselling Skills Level 2
- Understanding Substance Misuse level 3,
- Understanding Mental Health level 2.
Past experience includes YMCA, School's counsellor, Women's Aid, Sexual Assault Referral Centre and Peterborough Rape Crisis.
My specialism is working with the impact of sexual and domestic abuse. I am a practising Adult and Child Independent Sexual Violence Advisor, I was previously a Domestic Abuse Advocate and I work actively in the Women's sector. I am also trained to deliver the Freedom Programme.
I am an Associate Counsellor for Peterborough Rape Crisis and Embrace (Child victims of crime). I will also undertake work signposted from PODS- Positive outcomes for Dissociative survivors.
It is ethical practice for counsellors to undertake ongoing professional development. This has included;
- Child Exploitation Online Protection - Ambassador course (CEOP)
- Safeguarding training - child protection and vulnerable adults.
- Creative techniques in therapy workshops
- Stress management
- Gender Variance
- Fabricated and Induced Illness
- Various courses on working with survivors of abuse who have a dissociative disorder.
- Domestic Abuse - stalking & Harassment, Honour based violence, economic abuse,
- Sexual Abuse - Pre-trial support, working with survivors, trauma in the body
- Understanding Post Traumatic stress Disorder
- Trauma informed practice
- Substance misuse
- Suicidal ideation and self-harm
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I charge £40 for an hour and have a cancellation policy of 24 hr notice. I prefer payment on the day. Cash or bank transfer are best.
ACCESS - ground floor room.
PARKING -Nearest main car park round the corner on Wharf Rd. Parking on street only permitted after 6pm
VETTING - I have undergone Police vetting and have an enhanced DBS check.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Single yellow line outside premises. No ramp on threshold but ground floor room.
Friday's - morning, afternoon and evening.
I do have some scope for additional evenings
Types of client