Victoria Karp MBACP;UKCP Accredited and Registered Psychotherapist
I am a BACP and UKCP accredited and registered integrative psychotherapist. I am also a mindfulness teacher and mindful movement practitioner. I enjoy public speaking and delivering training to others on how to develop positive loving intent, avoid getting stuck in toxic thinking/feeling/acting patterns and create and use strategies to support those suffering with anxiety, anger and depressive symtpoms.
My background is in clinical psychology and attachment based psychotherapy having worked for 25 years in psychiatric hospitals, educational settings and private practice. I was a CAMHS practitioner, working with children and teens with emotional and behavioural disorders. I now train and promote wellbeing techniques and strategies to help others succeed. I have written 7 Days of Magic to help young people develop better emotional awareness, containment and resilience through meditation, visualization and cognitive re-alignment of thinking strategies. I write healing and recovery packages and set up groups for young people to meet up and support eachother. I use dance movement techniques in some of my mind and body work as well as drawings, painting and role playing!!
I work integratively and holistically incorporating Mindfulness, Reiki philosophy and sprirituality, cognitive behavioural therapy and art psychotherapy.
I offer workshops on how to understand and manage anxiety, depression and anger. I work in schools and in organisations to imporove behavior as a reflection of mental health and wellbeing.
I offer daily, weekly and monthly bespoke courses on meditation and cognitive strategies to improve symptoms and gain a new outlook. I use mindful movement therapy as a way of improving self confidence and support a dialogue in the mind-body awareness system. Learning to develop other ego attributes such as curiosity, enthusiasm, kindness and discernment can help improve our approach to life's challenges.
I work with children, teenagers and young adults to improve emotional regulation and cognitive functioning.
Read Interview with Surrey and Borders NHS Foundation Trust http://www.sabp.nhs.uk/partnershippeople/partnership-people-issue-79/interviews/all-about-me-victoria-karp
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2002 BA(Hons) Degree in Psychology, specialsim
- 2005 Post Graduate Degree in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- 2003-2005 Worked in East London and the City Mental Health Trust as a trainee psychotherapist in the area of adult psychological therapy services (PTS)
- 2014 I was awarded the Service to the Community Award by the Mayor of Guildford for my years of dedication to improving the mental health provisions for children and young people in south-west Surrey
- 2005- 2015 worked as a specialist primary mental health therapist, clinical team lead, supervisor and teacher/trainer, community development manager and primary mental health worker in CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) working with a wide variety of issues affecting toddlers, children, young people and their families.
- 2015 Trained in Mindfulness
- 2018 Training in Reiki and embodied dance movement work (ongoing)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dance therapy
Photos & videos
- Group therapy/mindfulness session (50 minutes) -please contact me to discuss
- Training and Workshops-please contact me to discuss
- Teaching MIndfulness to children and adolescents in schools -please contact me
- Delivering 7 Days of Magic Workshop please contact me
- Sessional rate: £70
- Bespoke training & workshops available on mindful movement
Please feel free to contact me with your query. I am a friendly and helpful professional. If I cannot help you then I am very happy to recommend one of my colleagues within my practice.I look forward to hearing from you. I do not offer evening or weekend appointments
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9-5 for mental health talks, creative healing and recovery workshops, meditation and mindful movement workshops. I DO NOT offer evening appointments, please kindly be aware.
Types of client