Victoria Hocking. MBACP registered. MNCS (Accred)
Feeling overwhelmed, anxious, down? Has your child become tearful or withdrawn? Are you having issues in your relationships, or perhaps you're wondering how on earth it got to this?
These thoughts and feelings can be isolating and, when allowed to, can take over. But, by taking these initial steps you’ve already accepted that this is not who or where you want to be; this is not your forever.
It’s a daunting process I know but by seeking professional help you are showing strength of character and a desire to feel happier. Counselling can help you achieve this as it provides a safe place in which you can explore your personal thoughts and feelings in a confidential and supportive environment.
There is no issue too big or too small.
So let’s look at this together
Trained as an integrative therapist I am able to draw from a number of approaches including Humanistic, Solution Focused, CBT, Mindfulness and others. This allows me to work with you as an individual. My approach is quiet, grounded and designed to help you move forward with your life.
I have a wealth of experience in working with:
- Stress / Anxiety
- Anger & Shame
- Children & Teenagers
- Low self esteem
- Affairs & betrayals
- Mental health
- Sexual Identity
- Domestic abuse
- Rape & Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Young adults
- Long term health issues & chronic pain.
- Family issues
... and life in general.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
- MNCS Registered member National Counselling Society (Accred)
- Dip. Couns Adults
- Post Grad Dip. Couns Children & Young People
- Cert. Mental Health First Aid
- Cert. Creative Art Therapy
- Cert. Bereavement & Loss
- Cert. Rewind Technique - PTSD
- Cert. Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Cert: Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Cert. Online & Telephone Counselling
- I hold an NVQ 3 in British Sign Language
- 10 years working in Private Practice
- 8 years working with adolescents
- 7 years working with GP referrals through IAPT & EAP
- 6 years Counselling in NHS Cardiac Rehab and long term health conditions
And have attended a vast number of certificated training courses including:
- Understanding Self-Injury and Self-harm
- Rape & Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Shame & Abuse
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique - Tapping
- Trauma and the body
I am committed to the ethical, non-discriminatory practice and abide by the principles and ethics of the BACP: confidentiality is assured at all times.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Free initial in-person or telephone session
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
£50.00 Individual sessions 9am - 8pm.
Monday - Thursday 8am - 8pm