Victoria Crossland (Vicky) integrative counsellor dip MBACP
Are you experiencing some level of Anxiety, Stress or Depression where some area of your life feels difficult or maybe life in general has become hard to cope with. Whether this difficulty is related to a specific event, circumstances social interaction challenge or in relationships at work or school. Emotions can become overwhelming and prevent you approaching daily tasks and specific activities. Which can result in feelings of sadness, fear, lonelyness, frustration and sometimes cause you to withdraw, act out and not feel yourself.
Counselling can help support you to explore how you feel in the current circumstances or situations and bring a deeper understanding.of why you feel the way you do. We are all unique and certain things effect us differently and taking the step to seek therapy can be a large step. However i offer a free initial confidential consultation to discuss your needs to see if working together will be of benefit. This can be talked through either on the phone or in my room based in yeovil. Thereafter you can choose therapy weekly or fortnightly to suit your needs.
How i work
Being an integrative counsellor means I work from a variety of theoretical perspectives focussing on you as a whole person. Where i can be flexible in my approach working with creative resources, CBT techniques, TA with the core foundation of our relationship being person centered.
i seek to demonstrate respect and empathic approach focusing on what you bring and choose to explore and act only in your best interest. By offering my whole self in a therapeutic relationship my wish is for you to feel safe and secure to be honest with yourself, without feeling judged. With space to explore and reflect on your thoughts, feelings and reactions. I seek to gain an insight into how it is for you and promote your ability to understand yourself more deeply , to enhance your opportunity for you to live your life more fulfilling and more comfortably.
I hold clinics in my room in yeovil Town centre and will if needed honour requests where possible to visit clients at home or Care organisations.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychotheraputic Practice Level 5 Aim award
- Diploma in Counselling practice Level 4 Aim Award
- Certificate in Counselling Studies Level 3 CPCAB
- Certificate in Counselling skills Level 2 CPCAB
- Diploma Health and Social Care Level 5 (HND) university Trinity St David
- Diploma in child care development
- certificates in tuning into teens.
- Training and 2 years Experience working for Cruse Bereavment Care.
- Experience of working directly with individual Parents in a counselling and in a Support capacity.
- Years of experience of working with children and young people in various roles including an autism base and youth offending and promise.
- Specific study, experience and understanding of children diagnosed with ADHD. Autism and other
- With Continuous Professional Development being a strong commitment I regularly attend additional courses to update and expand knowledge in areas of interest.
- Clear and current DBs checked
- Cpd up-to-date * safe guarding , FGM, child protection and others
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
Adults £40 per hour
Children and young people £35 for 45 minutes
Free initial phone or in person consultation to discuss your needs
The best way to contact me Is by email or phone call if I am not available at the time of your call please leave a message and I will return your call within 48hours regards Vicky
Attend weekly or fortnightly to suit you
Being a member of the Bacp means I adhere to the legal and ethical framework keeping us both safe and professional. All information you choose to share remains highly confidential i follow the recent data protection guidance Gpdr to ensure any details I hold are stored appropriately and kept safe. All would be discussed prior to us working together.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible appointment times Morning, Afternoon, Evenings. Monday through to Saturday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|