Vicky Wenham Dip.Couns MBACP
I am an experienced, qualified counsellor and a registered member of the BACP. I work professionally and ethically adhering to their code of practise. I work with individual adults, couples and young people helping them to make sense of their lives, life events, thoughts and emotions. I have spent time working in schools as a Mental Heath and Wellbeing Specialist, working with young people and their parents helping them to deal with the difficulties and challenges life can bring, especially in this age of social media.
How I work:
I work primarily in a person-centred way, offering a safe and non-judgemental environment in which I can help facilitate you to reflect on events in your life which may be causing you to feel troubled in a variety of ways. I believe we are all the experts of our own lives and that every person has the capacity for change and personal growth. I value individual difference, honesty, integrity, finding your own path, standing out from the crowd, connection and relationship. I truly believe that people can be empowered to find their own answers. I know that I am not a fixer and that I don't have all the answers, but I do know that I will be alongside you in your journey, supporting you and helping you to make sense of who you are and how you feel about things. I know I am ok to sit with people in chaos and stuckness. I am not afraid to be afraid, nor enter with you into a dark place. Counselling offers a unique and compassionate experience based on forming a relationship of trust and respect and I will be happy to answer any questions you have about how I work and what is involved in the process.
I can help you to develop the skills you need to gain clarity and confidence about the life you have, the one you want to live and the decisions that come with that and ultimately empower you to believe in yourself and live a life that is authentic to you.
What to expect in your first session:
If you feel embarking on counselling with me is the right step for you, please get in touch. I understand that making that first call or contact is often the hardest step, please be reassured that all information shared is confidential. During our first session together we will take some time to get to know each other and explore the issues you feel you would like to discuss. We will look at how we can work together going forward. If you feel after the first session that counselling with me is not right for you, there is no obligation to continue.
You can call me on 07943 897064 or email at:
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- CPCAB Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Level 4)
- NCFE Levels 1-3 in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Universal Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Certificate
Continued Professional Development:
- Working with self-harm in young people
- Working with eating disorders in young people
- Working with LAAC (Looked After and Adopted Children) with ADHD
- Introduction to CBT
- Alongside my private practise, I work for a local BACP Accredited agency offering adult and youth counselling in Wokingham.
- I have also worked in a local secondary school as a Mental Health and Wellbeing Specialist.
- I have worked closely with children aged 11-16 with ASD and ADHD
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
£45 per 50 minute session for individuals
£70 per 1 hour session for couples
£90 per 90 minute session for couples
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work during the day between the ours of 9am and 5pm. I also have some evening and weekend appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|