Vicky Ross Registered MBACP (Senior Accredited)
You may have found it difficult sharing your concerns with friends or family, however supportive they may be.
It can be daunting to seek help, but in seeing a counsellor, you are assured of privacy and confidentiality with someone who is outside your personal sphere and will provide non-judgemental support.
I offer a calm reflective space in which we can work constructively to make sense of any troubles or concerns you may have. I will support you as you gain insight into your feelings and fears and, over time, discover and develop inner strengths that will enable you to let go of unhelpful patterns of behaviour and find new directions for the future.
I have worked with individuals who may be experiencing:
- feelings of anxiety, depression or stress
- feelings of confusion or of being overwhelmed
- feelings of being stuck in unhelpful repetitive patterns of behaviour or relationships
- a lack of confidence in your self
- deep feelings of loss, grief
- difficulty in relating to people
- discomfort with your body
- difficulty tolerating uncomfortable feelings
- the impact of abuse or bullying
- the impact of being with someone intrusive or self-absorbed
- using food as a way of calming yourself
- feeling overwhelmed as a carer
- your feelings as seeming out of control at times
- a sense of dissatisfaction, emptiness or futility with your life
- a tendency to be harsh on yourself
- a need for personal development and growth
- work-related issues
Training, qualifications & experience
I have 31 years of experience working as a qualified counsellor in a variety of settings, for the charity Mind, a G.P surgery and a university staff and student counselling service.
I have a private practice close to Crouch End, N8 in North London and in Clerkenwell, EC1
Diploma in Adult Psychodynamic Counselling, 1987;
Certificate in Brief Psychotherapy-Cognitive Analytic Therapy, 1990;
Post Diploma Course in Advanced Counselling Practice, 1991;
Post Qualifying Certificate in Time-limited Psychodynamic Therapy, 1991.
I continue to engage regularly in professional workshops, conferences and seminars.
I am a Registered and Senior Accredited member of BACP, a Forum Organiser for the Birkbeck Counselling Association, a member of the Relational School and of the International Association for Relational Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy (IARPP).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Empty Nest syndrome
In WC1, my standard fee is £60.
In N8, my standard fee is £50.
At times, I have some spaces for concessions.
After an initial telephone or email contact, I will answer any questions you may have and I will ask you for some brief background about what brings you to counselling. We may then decide to meet to discuss your situation in more detail.
It can be helpful to have a few sessions before we decide together if I can be of help to you. Normally we would then meet weekly for a 50 minute session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available in N8 early morning before work, daytime and evening.I am available on Wednesday mornings in Clerkenwell,EC1
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|