Vicky Bird - Accredited Counsellor
I have been a counsellor for over 10 years. I have worked in primary care, private practice and online as both a counsellor and counselling service manager. Experience, and my own life journey has taught me we all have mental health, and like our physical health there are times when it can be out of balance and we need help.
I work with -
- Anxiety, including generalised anxiety, Panic disorder, Phobias, OCD
- Relationship problems
- Anger management
- Young people specific counselling
- Self harm
- Personal development
- Womens health issues including menopause
- Life changes
- Fertility, Abortion, sexual health.
What to expect - I provide a private, confidential setting where you can explore your thoughts and feelings freely. A space to learn about you, consider direction or find meaning. A place to talk openly in a way that isn’t always possible with friends or family. This can help you gain clarity, work through problems, or difficult decisions.
My role is to provide a non-judgmental, supportive space to help you explore whatever aspects of your life you may want to better understand or change. An opportunity to learn how to help yourself on the not so good days….(and we all have them)
Counselling - I am an integrative counsellor, this means i may use different approaches depending on what you would like help with. If you choose to work with me there is no ‘one size for all’. Sessions and the length of time we work together will be suited to you.
People access counselling for many reasons, whatever your reason, it can be empowering, help resolve both long standing problems or more recent challenges and increase your sense of wellbeing. Sometimes it can be hard to know where to start, this is something we can work through together.
Contact - Do contact me via email or telephone 07786016243 with any questions about getting started or to book an initial session.
First session - This provides an opportunity to meet and discuss how we might work together. To consider what you might like from therapy, and how i can best help you. You can then decide if you want to continue...if its for you.
I can offer a blend of face to face, telephone or online video appointments from my home office in Bishops Waltham. I also work with young people (from age 13)
I am insured and have enhanced DBS checks.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and memberships
- Bsc hons Psychology
- Post graduate Diploma in counselling
- Accredited member of the BACP
- BPS approved counselling supervision training. Please contact me regarding fees
- An overview of OCD and Behavioural Interventions (BABCP)
- Cognitive Behavioural assessment and treatment of Anger (BABCP)
- Overcoming Depression 5 areas approach, Dr Chris Williams.
- Motivational Interviewing, Dr D Manchester
- Attachment in Practice, The Association for Psychological Therapies
- Suicide Prevention and Self-Harm
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with Children & Adolescents Association for Psychological Therapies
- Safeguarding level 4
- Working with domestic Violence
- Working with solvent abuse.
- BPS counselling supervision training (Please contact me for fees)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a particular interest in working with Anxiety, OCD, relationship problems and women’s health ie menopause, including those who have experienced or are considering surgery. (surgically induced menopause).
Photos & videos
Counselling Sessions are available at £60
All sessions are 50 minutes.
Payment options are cash or bank transfer
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
There is a small step into the building and a bay for parking outside to Suitable for clients with some mobility. I offer face to face telephone and online counselling.
Please contact me for availability. Skype sessions available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I believe supervision should offer flexibility, a place where we can discuss your client work, your own personal wellbeing and workload.