Dr Vickie Pasterski (MA, BA, CPsychol, MBACP)
I am a Chartered Psychologist with 20 years of clinical and research experience in gender development across the lifespan. While my focus is primarily gender identity/dysphoria, I also work with individuals questioning their sexual orientation or who have other gender-related concerns. Also available:
- Referral for hormone therapy
- Referral for gender reassignment surgery
- Opinion for gender reassignment surgery
- Medical reports for Gender Recognition Certificate
- Official reports for name & gender marker change in official documents
Training, qualifications & experience
- PhD, Behavioural Neuroendocrinology, City University, London
- MA, Counselling Psychology - Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA
- BA, Psychology - California State University, Long Beach, CA
- Postdoctoral Certificate, Gender Identity Assessment & Clinical Management - Columbia Medical Center and New State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY
- Recognised specialist, Gender Recognition Panel, Ministry of Justice, UK
- Chartered Psychologist, British Psychological Association (BPS)
- Member, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Affiliated Lecturer, Department of Psychology, University of Cambridge
- In private practice since 2006
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Disorders/Differences of Sex Development (DSD); Intersex
Please contact Dr Pasterski to discuss fees and availability.