Veronica Grigore, CBT therapist, BABCP (Accred), IPT therapist (IPT UK)
Brighton CBT Service
106 Queens Road
01273 971147 / 0778 738 8964
I am a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT therapist) specialised in the treatment of depression and anxiety related problems (Depression, low self-esteem, excessive worry/Generalised Anxiety, OCD, Health Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Panic, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Stress, Sleep Difficulties, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Adjustment Disorder, Specific Phobias/dentist, flight, spiders, heights, crowds).
I am a qualified Interpersonal Therapist (IPT therapist), supporting people in overcoming depressive symptoms through the resolution of interpersonal difficulties (breakups, separation, infidelity, conflict, bereavement, isolation and unsatisfying relationships).
How can I help?
CBT is an approach that can help you address suffering/emotional distress that is based on unhelpful thinking styles and negative beliefs. My approach in therapy is informed by CBT research and literature in that in order to arrive at an understanding of the problem (either low mood/depression or anxiety) there are the following ideas that I explore:
1. If a problem has not resolved itself it means that there is something that keeps it going. I can help you challenge and question irrational thoughts, de-fuse from negative thinking, filter your worries and open up to possibilities of thinking alternatively.
2. There is a trigger for our emotions. It is important to understand the link between feelings and beliefs/impressions/assumptions. I can help you bridge the gap between your emotional voice and rational voice.
3. Learning experiences in childhood would make someone more vulnerable to developing depression or anxiety related problems. Focus is placed on linking current experiences with childhood experiences so you can benefit from a coherent narrative that makes sense and you can be at peace with. 'How can one arrive at happiness? By forgetting the past. And how can one forget the past? By remembering it.'
How to make contact?
Contact me either via email or phone to discuss your situation and arrange your first session. During the assessment session, we will make sense of the problem that you are experiencing and elaborate a treatment plan. You can then decide whether to pursue therapy with me or not.
Training, qualifications & experience
My background is Psychology, Social Work (Child Protection) and Teaching:
- Certificate of completion of Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) training, Anna Freud Centre, accredited by IPT UK
- Certificate of Accreditation as a Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapist (BABCP), 2013
- PG Diploma in Psychological Intervention (CBT) School of Psychology, University of Surrey, 2011.
- Member of the British Psychological Society (division of Clinical Psychology), 2009
- University Degree Diploma, School Of Psychology, 2002
- University Degree Diploma, School of Social Work, Babes Bolya University, 1999
- Registered with the General Social Care Council from 2004 to 2010.
- Investigative Training Certificate, ABE Interviewing, June 2010
- PQSW Part 1 Programme in Child Care for Experienced Social Workers, Sussex University, 2006
- Post Graduate Certificate in Evidence Based Social Work, Sussex University, 2007
- Primary school teaching training, 1994
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Interpersonal difficulties: conflict, transitions/changes in life, losses, isolation/unsatisfying relationships.
Photos & videos
- Individual therapy: £50/1h session
- Distress understood as high intense negative feelings
- What is negative problem-solving orientation?
- Worry filtering strategies
- Dealing with uncertainty - What you need to know
- Avoidance and anger as maladaptive coping
- When feelings are denied
- The harm in making judgements
- When self-reflection is counter productive
- Feeling in control
- Proud and pride
- Chronic Fatigue - towards an understanding
- What do we have emotions for?
- The psychological mechanisms of procrastination
In addition to my private practice, I also work as a CBT therapist for NHS and I supervise other therapists.
If you are a CBT Therapist (BABCP accredited or looking to become accredited) and wish to receive supervision for your private practice, then please feel free to get in contact. I am happy to provide 1:1 Supervision as well as Group supervision.
1:1 Supervision: £45 (60 minutes)
Group Supervision (2-4 practitioners)
Supervision can be face-to-face, over the phone, or via Skype.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Fridays and Saturdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|