Varinder Samra. AIfl, CLS (Open), MBACP (Registered)
Hi, I'm a Luton and Dunstable based Therapist, willing to work on weekends, evenings and unsociable hours. I am bi-lingual (English and Punjabi). I am warm, compassionate and non-judgemental. I offer a specialist addiction counselling service.
Have you experienced any of the below....
1) A strong desire or sense of compulsion to take a substance (alcohol or drugs).
2) A physiological withdrawal state when substance use has ceased or been reduced (sweating, shaking, anxiety etc...)
3) Evidence of tolerance, such that increased doses of the psychoactive substance are required in order to achieve effects originally produced by lower doses.(has use increased)
4) Progressive neglect of alternative pleasures or interests because of psychoactive substance use, increased amount of time necessary to obtain or take the substance or to recover from its effects.(are alcohol and drugs all you think about)
5) Persisting with substance use despite clear evidence of overtly harmful consequences, such as harm to the liver through excessive drinking, depressive mood states consequent to heavy substance use, or substance-related impairment of cognitive functioning.(you know it's damaging your health)
If you have answered yes to three or more of the above, I might be able to help.
Addiction can often feel overwhelming and inescapable; Addiction can take many forms; substance misuse, alcohol, prescription medication, sex, gambling shopping, gaming and many other things. The one common issue is shame and our desire to flee from shame by using the substance we use to escape.
If you have felt that there is little hope for the issues which you have, let me reassure you that there certainly is hope. I integrate a variety to therapies and techniques to help overcome and remain addiction free.
I have worked as an addiction therapist for many years with experience gained within a residential rehabilitation centre. I am keenly aware of the struggle that addiction in its various forms can mean. The clients that I work with have faced depression, anxiety, loss, trauma and many other life issues which has unfortunately led them to issues with addiction.
Don't suffer alone, together we can achieve freedom.
Training, qualifications & experience
BACP Registered, Experience with working with addicts at a residential rehabilitation centre. Providing one to one therapy and group therapy. Using a range of techniques, the 12 step program, CBT and incorporating an integrative model.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
All fees are negotiable.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|