Vaishali Raithatha - MBACP Counsellor/Therapist
I have worked within the mental health and well-being sectors for 10 years in various roles for organisations such as MIND, The Children's Society, Social Care, Education and (VAWG) Violence Against Women and Girl's sector. My speciality is in trauma work.
I am an Integrative therapist and work from a range of modalities including; humanistic and person centred, gestalt, psycho-dynamic, brief therapy, CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy).
I offer the option of working creatively including arts and creative therapies.
Reasons you may consider coming to therapy:
- You would like a private and confidential space to talk to a trained professional.
- You are going through significant life changes.
- You find it difficult to manage your emotions and these are having an impact on your everyday life.
- You are struggling in relationships.
- You have experienced significant loss.
- Your worries and anxieties feel overwhelming.
- To gain greater self-awareness.
I speak English, Portuguese and Gujarati.
I believe it is good practice to work under the support of a clinical supervisor. I have full professional liability insurance, Enhanced DBS check up to date for working with adults, young people and children.
If you would like to find out more, please feel free to contact me for a free initial conversation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP Integrative Adult Counselling (Terapia)
- MBACP Integrative Child Counselling (Institute for the Arts in Therapy and Education)
- Dip Application of the Therapeutic Arts (Institute for the Arts in Therapy and Education)
- Cert 200h Yoga teacher (Yoga alliance)
Somatic trauma training (Babette Rothchild)
Trauma informed yoga
I am committed to my ongoing professional development attending training, workshops and events.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Harmful practises (forced marriage, honour based violence, trafficking)
- Cultural issues
- Third culture kids (TCK)
£60 initial assessment.
£55 individual therapy/counselling.
Sessions last 50 minutes and are held at a regular time slot weekly.
I offer yoga, group work, workshops and training. Please see my website for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Portuguese and Gujarati|
Types of client