Una Cavanagh MBACP (Accred)
How can I help you?
Are you wondering how counselling might help you? Maybe you're going through a difficult time in your life and need some support to find your way through it?
I'm accredited with The British Association For Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I work in private practice from my own private therapy room, set in a cottage garden, offering 1-1 counselling for clients over the age of 16 for many different issues.
The Counselling Process
My approach is integrative and I able to individually tailor different theoretical approaches from my training (such as psychodynamic, transactional analysis and CBT) to suit each individual client. Please don't worry if you're unsure as to what this means as I'm very happy to talk this through with you during an introductory session.
There are many different reasons why people come for counselling and no set of circumstances is too small if it’s having a negative impact on you, how you feel and how it affects your life. Coming to counselling with someone who will not judge you you can be incredibly empowering and offers clarity and enlightenment. It can help you to move forward and become “unstuck”.
My aim is to provide you with the time and space to be fully heard, without judgement, helping you to make sense of what’s going on in your life and find a clearer path forward.
What you can expect?
I believe that at the heart of good therapy is the relationship you build with your counsellor so it's important for me that you feel comfortable with your counsellor. With that in mind, I invite you to get in touch with me to see how working with me might feel for you. If that sounds OK, then please contact me either via email or by phone and I'll get back to you (usually within 24 hours Mon-Fri)
After a brief phone call (lasting 10-15 mins), we can then arrange a mutually convenient time to have an introductory session if we both feel that would be right for you. This takes place in my peacefully located therapy room in Cherhill (see photo below) with free parking provided.
This gives us a chance to explore further what it is you are looking for help with and then, if you decide to continue, we can decide how many future sessions might be helpful for you.
Further sessions are arranged by mutual agreement at the same time each week and last for one hour.
Please feel free to have a look at my website www.unacavanagh.com for more details and if you do have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them.
Additionally, I am registered through Barnardos to offer adoption support counselling support (see http://www.barnardos.org.uk/link-project/service-view.htm?id=175737235 for more information)
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB).
- Certificate in bereavement support
- Adoption Support Work (Barnardo's)
- Certificate in supporting victims of rape & sexual violence (Victim Support)
- Certifcate in supporting victims of domestic abuse/violence (Victim Support)
- SCAS.org "Introduction to Animal Assisted Interventions"
- Bereavement Counsellor with Dorothy House Hospice Care
- Counsellor with Olive Branch Chippenham
- Counsellor with Hope Counselling Melksham
- Counsellor with Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drug Service
- Victim Support Volunteer (Crime, Domestic Abuse, Rape and Sexual Assault)
Recent Continuing Professional Development
- Trauma & dissociation (PODS)
- Attachment & Broken Bonds (Dr Janina Fisher)
- Confer Ecotherapy Conference (Eden Project 2016)
- BACP Trauma Conference, Edinburgh 2018
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
£50 per one hour session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Two steps down and then two steps up to my garden room with a handrail
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|