Trish Dean MBACP Advanced Dip. Psychotherapeutic Counselling
I believe that counselling is a collaborative process in which we work together on what you want to change. I will support you by:
- finding ways to deal with uncomfortable thoughts and feelings you may be experiencing
- providing a safe, confidential space for you to explore any worries or anxieties
- working towards clarity and understanding about aspects of your life that are causing confusion
- reflecting on your past to make sense of the present
Depression, anxiety and low self esteem often result from how we learnt to cope when our needs were not properly met. I offer an integrative approach where we work side-by-side to understand past ways of coping and enable you to have choices.
I have a particular interest in how our emotional states impact on our physical health and well-being.
As a qualified therapist, I am a member of the BACP and follow their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, receiving regular supervision from a qualified supervisor to ensure that I adhere to this framework.
I work within the limits of my training; if I feel I am unable to help you personally, I will aim to provide you with information to take the next step.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Working Therapeutically with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Identified Clients
I have been a volunteer counsellor with NDADA (North Devon Against Domestic Abuse) and Tower House Counselling: Student Support Service.
I currently volunteer with Survivors Alliance North Devon (SAND)
I have a background in homeopathy and reiki
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£40 per session of one hour duration.
Availability: Monday 10am onwards or evening appointments by arrangement
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 10am onward (Barnstaple town centre) Evening appointments by arrangement (Barnstaple town centre) Evenings/Saturday mornings(Bideford town centre)
Types of client