People seek counselling for many types of reasons, but they all have one thing in common and that is they are unhappy with the way their lives are and want to change it, but don’t necessarily know how.
I am a qualified BACP Counsellor and Supervisor, with a wide range of clinical experience in working with, both children and adults. My knowledge and skills have developed through my work at Mental Health Agencies, schools and my own private practice. I am an Integrative Counsellor which means I can tailor your therapy to meet your particular needs as an individual and the concerns you encounter. I utilise Psychodynamic skills to help identify patterns in your life which are hindering everyday living, Person Centred skills to help strengthen a sense of self and personal confidence and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to find solutions to particular difficulties and help with positive coping mechanisms.
I provide a safe and warm environment for you to explore your thoughts and feelings from the comfort of my purpose built office which is located at my home address. I offer both long and short term counselling, but ultimately the length of time you spend in therapy is your choice.
My style is conversational and collaborative, challenging and compassionate, confidential and non-judgmental. I appreciate that change can be difficult and can bring up a whole wealth of emotions. I'm here to support you through that journey.
You will be able to discover new skills which you never knew you had.
Seeking counselling is a positive step in the right direction.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy Degree.
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Diploma in Supervision.
- Certificate in Couples Counselling.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- Certificate of Proficiency of British Association of Counselling Practitioners.
- Certificate Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults.
I have attended the following specialist courses / workshops:
- Mental Health Issues in Counselling.
- Anger Management Workshop.
- Creative Skills in Counselling.
- Suicide and Self Harm.
- Couples Counselling.
- Staying Safe on-line in relation to bullying and safeguarding clients.
I am also available for clinical supervision for qualified and trainee counsellors.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Humanistic therapies
Individuals one hour session:
Face to face - £30 (4 consecutive sessions booked and paid in advance £120)
Telephone - £15 for each half an hour or part thereof.
Skype - £25 ( 6 consecutive sessions booked and paid on advance £150)
Couples - £50 per one hour session
Supervision - £40 for a one hour session and £50 for a one and a half hour session, concessional rates for counselling students.
My availability at present is for Monday and Tuesdays only (day-times and in the evenings).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|