Tracy Henderson Counsellor & Psychotherapist
Welcome, to Atma Healing Counselling & Psychotherapy, I am an experienced, registered and qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist offering professional, safe and confidential therapy from the tranquil setting of The Waters Edge Retreat in Hayle.
I understand that approaching counselling can be difficult, often being the first time you may have reached out for help. I offer a warm and friendly secure place for you to be able to talk through your problems and explore what is troubling you.
I believe there is no single approach that can treat each client in all situations, each person is unique. Working together we can explore the 'whole' self and any issues or experiences past or present you may be struggling with. Therapy enables you to become self aware of your thoughts, feelings, behaviours and relationships offering an environment for change.
Sessions can help with a range of issues such as anxiety, stress, depression, anger and aggression, relationship problems, destructive patterns, low self esteem, bereavement, loss of direction etc, as well as helping with longer term issues for example PTSD, abuse, childhood issues, OCD which may be deeply rooted.
Short or longer term therapy is available depending on your needs.
Sessions are available Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays.
Evening appointments available Tuesday or Thursday
Training, qualifications & experience
I have many years experience working with adults and young people within organisations and in private practice. My core training is within a Psychodynamic and Transpersonal framework which comes from a Humanistic perspective, my varied training allows me to tailor my approach to your individual needs and personal circumstances.
I have previously worked for;
- Age Uk Counselling team - working with adults 50+ on wide range of issues including bereavement, loss of purpose, family / relationship problems.
- Just Drop In Youth Counselling - working with young people aged 11 - 21 years with a wide range of issues, mental health, autistic spectrum, asperger's awareness, identity.
- Blythe House Hospice Counselling - working with patients and families.
- East Cheshire Hospice Counselling - working with bereaved families.
- Womens Aid Counselling service - working with domestic abuse.
- Private Practice - wide range of issues.
I studied at the University of Derby, Buxton for a professional Diploma in Psychodynamic and Therapeutic Counselling.
I am a fully insured practitioner and registered member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy and abide by the BACP ethical code of conduct.
As part of the regulations set by the BACP, I access regular clinical supervision.
My professional qualifications include:
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Certificate Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counseling Studies
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Certificate Transactional Analysis
- Assist Suicide Training
- Certificate of Training in Domestic Violence & Abuse
- Certificate Mindfullness
- Certificate in Bereavement & Loss
As part of my ongoing continual professional development I regularly attend training & workshop events to broaden my knowledge and awareness increasing my range of available techniques to draw upon within the therapeutic relationship.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
How much do sessions cost?
Sessions are £45.00 per 60 minutes.
How many sessions will I need?
Short term therapy as a guide is 8-12 sessions, longer term in-depth therapy may take longer.
What payment methods do you accept?
I accept cash on the day or bank transfer if paying prior to sessions.
Commitment to the therapy process is essential to promote change, entering into therapy is an investment for your future.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Evening appointments available Tuesday & Thursday
Types of client