Tracy Henderson Dip MBACP
The Waters Edge Retreat
14B Fore Street
Welcome, to Atma Psychotherapy, I am an experienced and qualified Psychotherapist and Counsellor working from the Waters Edge Retreat in Hayle.
I understand that approaching counselling can be difficult, often being the first time you may have reached out for help. I offer a gentle, holistic approach within a warm, secure and holding environment.
Working holistically, we will explore the whole self and any issues or experiences past or present you may be struggling with. My background training is within a Psychodynamic and Transpersonal framework.
Therapy can be long or short term depending on your needs. I can help with a range of daily issues, such as anxiety, depression, aggression, improving relationships, changing destructive patterns etc, as well as treating longer term issues which may be more deeply rooted.
I work with adults and young people, viewing therapy as a collaboration between client and therapist I draw on a wide range of techniques allowing me to tailor therapy to your needs.
Please feel free to call or message to arrange a no obligation consultation over the phone.
Sessions are available on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday afternoon.
Training, qualifications & experience
I studied at the University of Derby, Buxton for a professional Diploma in Psychodynamic and Therapeutic Counselling.
I am a fully insured practitioner and registered member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy and abide by the BACP ethical code of conduct.
As part of the regulations set by the BACP, I access regular clinical supervision
I have many years experience working with adults and young people within various organisations and in a private practice setting.
My professional qualifications include:
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counseling Studies
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- 101 Certificate Transactional Analysis
- Assist Suicide Training
- Certificate of Training in Domestic Violence & Abuse
- Certificate Mindfullness
- Certificate in Bereavement & Loss
As part of my ongoing continual professional development I regularly attend training & workshop events to broaden my knowledge and awareness increasing my range of available techniques to draw upon within the therapeutic relationship.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
£40.00 for 50 minute session.
Sessions available Wednesday, Thursday and Saturdays.
Discount's available for block bookings.
Flexible appointments available in the evening.
I also offer Reiki and Chakra Alignment sessions at The Waters Edge Retreat which can be booked alongside psychotherapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client