Tracy Blackburn MBACP, PG Dip, BA (Hons) - Roots Of Change
Are you struggling to navigate life's difficulties?
Would you like to improve your relationship with yourself and others?
Have you experienced a loss or bereavement and would like to talk to someone who will listen without judgement?
Hello I'm Tracy at Roots of Change and I provide a professional counselling service in Headingley, Leeds. I offer a safe space to talk by creating an atmosphere that is open and without judgement. This therapeutic relationship provides the foundation for change.
I'm professionally qualified to Post Graduate level and registered with the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). As a member I am bound by their professional Code of Practice and Ethical Framework.
My counselling experience is diverse and includes:
- Relationship issues
- Bereavement and loss
- Low self-esteem
- Work stress
- Anger management
- Attachment issues
- Suicidal thoughts
Through bereavement counselling I have helped clients with their grief. I will offer you the space to be yourself and help you to explore and process your grief in a way that is right for you. It can help you on your unique journey towards healing to whatever your new normal looks like.
Counselling provides a sounding board for you to prioritise yourself. This could mean focusing on your own mental wellbeing; or working through specific issues and events that are somehow impacting on your life.
I am passionate about the benefits of therapy and am committed to enhancing the lives of others. For more information about the way I work please visit www.rootsofchange.co.uk.
If the time is right and you would like some support to invest in yourself, your relationships and your future, then please contact me by text, chat, phone or email for an informal chat.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Registered Member - No 375359
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling & Psychotherapy
- BA (Hons) Counselling & Psychology
- Rewind for Trauma
- Level 4 Counselling Children & Young People
- TA 101 - Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- Mental Health First Aid
- ASIST Training (Applied Suicide Interventional Skills)
- Cruse Bereavement Training & Pre-Bereavement
- Samaritans Training
I have many years experience working with individuals affected by bereavement and loss. I also have several years experience offering counseling to people experiencing a variety of mental health issues.
Alongside my private practice I work with adolescents on a 1:1 basis at Barnardo's. I currently work as a School Counsellor in a primary and secondary school as part of my Children & Young People qualification.
I am committed to ongoing professional development. Some recent training I have attended includes:
- Working with Generalised Anxiety Disorder & Panic Attacks
- Pet Bereavement Counselling
- Timeline Therapy & Sand Tray Work
- Children's Grief
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40 Individual Counselling either face to face or online via Zoom - 1 hour
Payment is to be paid in full either before or at the end of each session by BACS or debit card - contactless only during the coronavirus pandemic.
1st session only to be paid prior to session by BACS.
Concessions offered for
How Counselling Can Help
- Counselling can increase self-awareness, allowing you to make sense of your past and current life.
- It can help you notice how your thoughts influence your life and how these thought patterns shape your mood and life.
- Relationships with yourself and others can become more meaningful, leading to a greater understanding of how you relate.
- Counselling can help alleviate symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression, as well as difficult emotions associated with grief and loss.
What to Expect in Your First Session
- This will be a chance to discuss if counselling is right for you. It will help you explore and clarify your reasons for seeking counselling and any expectations you may have.
- We will discuss and complete our contract which will include confidentiality, fees, boundaries and how we might work together.
For more information about the way I work, or any questions you may have, please visit my website: www.rootsofchange.co.uk