Tracey Thompson Integrative Counsellor MNCS
Hi, I'm Tracey and I'm here to listen to you without judgement and with warmth and empathy. Are you feeling anxious? Angry? Did you wake up today thinking this was the day you wanted to change things? I work with adults and young people. I have particular experience with vulnerable adults and young people suffering from the effects of long-term sexual violence, abuse and trauma, perhaps resulting in identity issues. I can be a place where you or your child can open up and learn to be yourselves again, to drop the anxiety and to express yourself honestly. I am RASASC and StopSo trained and work inclusively.
I can provide short and long term therapy using an approach which draws on many theories and concepts of counselling, so it suits you. I can offer therapy in the following ways: face - face, walking, telephone, online, video (VSEE) and text support. I provide lower cost counselling to students. NB we do have pets in the house. Ollie is a therapy dog.
I work in schools; primary and secondary, with vulnerable, scared and anxious children. I work two days a week at local women's centres and have a lot of experience in anxiety, trauma and childhood sexual abuse related issues. It might be work or exam pressure, social media stress, friendship and relationship/identity issues: talking it out does work.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Management
- College of Mediation Certificate
- Currently studying BSc (Honours) Psychology with Counselling
CPD and other courses:
- Domestic Violence CPD for Professionals - Freedom Program
- Working with Children and Young People with SEN E Module
- Speech Language and Communication Needs eModule
- Gendered Intelligence Trans awareness course
- P2B -Helping children tell their stories
- P2B - Working with metaphor
- P2B - Attachment theory and self-awareness in the counsellor
- P2B - Working with difference and diversity
- P2B - Making ends with children
- ATCS: Abuse, trauma and attachment
- ATCS: Body Psychotherapy
- The Counselling Academy: The Couples Counselling Toolkit
- The Counselling Academy: The Ultimate CBT Toolkit
- RASASC sexual abuse and violence against women and girls
- StopSo training
- Sutton Council - Domestic Violence awareness training
- 2019 - ongoing: TLC (The Link Cafe)
One-one counselling to survivors of domestic abuse, for the whole affected family.
- 2017-ongoing: Sutton Womens Centre - One-one counselling to victims of domestic abuse, including additional help with family therapy and child protection conferences
- 2016:2018: Place2Be - worked in a primary school and a secondary school for 2 years as a volunteer counsellor
- 2016-ongoing: Carshalton Boys Sports College: support worker/invigilator
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
One - One sessions: £50/session
Student counsellors: £35/session
Text support: £10/week
My fees are going up in July 2020 to the following:
One - One sessions: £60/session
Student counsellors: £40/session
Please note I counsel from home and we have pets in our home - dog and 2 cats. This is important if you have pet allergies/phobias. They are never allowed in the room (unless you want them to!) but they are in the house.
I offer a reduced rate for trainee counsellors. I thoroughly enjoy working with people as they embark on a career which brings me so much personal fulfilment.
I also offer a limited number of low cost sessions to people who belong to gender and sexual minorities, in recognition of the marginalisation faced, and the difficulties in finding therapists who are non-judgmental. If income is a barrier, please do not hesitate to get in touch for a chat.