Tracey Hill - Registered member MBACP
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the first step to getting some help and support with the challenges that you are facing at the moment. Life can be hard sometimes and seeking the support we need when we need it takes courage and strength.
What can you expect from counselling sessions
I work in a person centred way, with the belief that you are the person most knowledgeable about your life and your emotional happenings. I believe that each person can work through their distress to find their own unique potential and wellbeing. Given the right conditions YOU have an infinite capacity to heal and grow and I can support and guide you through your process.
It may be scary to talk openly and honestly about your feelings and I want to assure you that whatever you are feeling I will do my best to understand, and will provide a safe space without judgement. I won't tell you what to do but instead will work closely alongside you to help you work it out. Sometimes that might mean just sitting with you in your sadness, fear and distress, just being there with you when you are at your most vulnerable. This approach does not offer quick fixes yet can be incredibly powerful in enabling lasting change.
Outdoor Therapy also on offer
I also offer walk and talk therapy. Walking whilst engaged in therapy may help you to feel like you are moving forward, help you to open your mind and think more clearly. This may enable you to move through blocks and challenges to a place where you can see a range of possibilities available to you. Nature is a great resource which has always been available to us all which offers us a connection to a greater perspective which is calm and healing. Trees, plants, wild animals, birds, the elements and the cycles of the seasons can all be our guides and teachers; mirroring our feelings and offering us the opportunity to increase our self-awareness and connection to ourselves.
Where are the sessions
Indoor therapy sessions are currently held in my counselling room at the Waterside in Penryn.
Outdoor therapy is either in woodland or walking the coastline around Falmouth area and also Redruth and Camborne. You may well have a favourite place in nature where you feel safe and so I am open to suggestions, please talk to me about this when we arrange our first session.
I work Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays regularly.
I also have capacity for working on weekends and evenings that may suit your lifestyle better.
Who I work with
I work with young people and adults.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Ongoing training in Non Violent Communication (NVC), working to support people in developing their own compassionate communication with themselves and others.
- Counsellor with Penhaligon Counselling Agency (adults)
- Counsellor with CRASAC (male and female survivors of sexual abuse)
- Womens Aid Domestic Abuse Training.
- ASSIST suicide first aid training.
- Social Services - working alongside young people and their families when facing emotional and practical difficulties.
- I have experience of working with people who have mental health issues.
- Big Brown Horse - Equine Assisted Learning. Working with young people who have been excluded from mainstream school. A place where empathy and compassion are the key to supporting vulnerable young people.
- Ongoing Shamanic Practitioner training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I offer short and long term counselling.
Individual - £40 per counselling hour
Student/Low income - £30 per counselling hour. I have 3 spaces that I keep available for concessions. If you are a student or are on a low income please do ask if these are available. If they are not available you may be able to be put on the waiting list.
I am a registered member of BACP whose ethical principles inform my practice.
I receive regular supervision of at least 1 1/2 hours each month.
I am fully insured for indoor and outdoor therapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tues, Wed, Thurs. Some weekend and evenings.
Types of client