Life is in a constant state of flux and sometimes difficult adjustments need to be made. I offer a comfortable, safe environment where I hope you will feel supported, valued and listened to. A place where you can discuss and explore the difficulties and concerns that you are facing.
As an integrative counsellor, I am able to draw on a range of therapeutic approaches that consider your individual needs and your personal circumstances. I have a specialism in bereavement and loss, however I also work with a range of issues that may have an impact on your daily life.
I offer long or short-term therapy for adults, either face to face from therapy rooms in Taunton or Porlock, or from the comfort of your own home - further details available on request. I also offer phone and online counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
As a registered member of the BACP, I adhere to the BACP code of ethics. As required I attend regular supervision, hold professional indemnity insurance, and continue to broaden my knowledge through continued professional development.
- Psychology (Dip HE) (Open)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling (BACP Accredited)
- Foundation for Infant loss Training
- Awareness in Bereavement Care (Cruse - Ascentis accredited)
- Pre-Bereavement Training (Cruse)
- Cruse Bereavement Care Supervision (NCS)
- Transactional Analysis (TA101)
- Certificate in Counselling
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Dissociation and DID
- Dealing with Distress: working with Suicide and Self Harm
- Suicide Bereavement Awareness
- Practicing Existential Therapy
- Working at Relational Depth
- Foundation in sleep assessment and management
- Advanced assessment and treatment strategies for people with insomnia
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (PTLLS)
- Associate of Ravenholme Training - Training for professionals in Bereavement and Loss
- Cruse Bereavement Care
On going CPD
- BSc (Honours) Psychology
- Borderline Personality Disorder Powerful & Effective Strategies to Calm the Chaos (PESI)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Finding a therapist can seem daunting, but for therapy to be of value, it is essential that you feel comfortable during our work together. I therefore offer an introductory session at a reduced rate to give us an opportunity to meet and discuss what you are seeking from therapy.
- Free initial phone consultation
- £30 Introductory session
- £40 for a 60 min session
Concessions available for low income and student counsellors, please contact me for more information.