Tina Wetherall-Pegley National Counselling Society
These are strange times. We are being asked to re-consider how we engage with others, solve problems, work and undertake our social lives.
My name is Tina and I offer a professional, competitively priced and compassionate independent counselling service. I offer three levels of therapy.
- Single Session Therapy - the goal of this therapy is to help clients deal with a specific problem which is suitable to being resolved in one session. In order to assess suitability for this approach I will conduct a 30 minute telephone meeting with you. If suitable you will be offered a one off session to discuss your specific problem/issue. This service is not suitable for all issues.
- Short duration therapy - therapy takes place in 6 sessions or less. It focuses on a problem or linked problems and from the outset you will set a goal and plan on how you will achieve this.
- Longer term therapy - for life's more challenging questions
I specialise in:
Working with people who are Depressed or Anxious.
I have vast amounts of experience in supporting victims of domestic abuse, both male and female. I am a trainer in issues of domestic abuse and Coercive Control, an under recognised yet highly traumatic version of domestic abuse.
I have considerable experience with people who have challenging issues related to work for example being bullied, over worked or feeling they have no confidence in the workplace. I believe and have experienced how counselling can help people understand these conflicts, achieve a greater balance or reach career decisions. I truly believe in employee wellbeing processes as a key success factor in employee engagement and productivity.
I offer telephone and on line-services meaning distance is no barrier to accessing our counselling.
My National Counselling Society accreditation number is NCS17-05640
My professional insurance covers me to conduct all the above types of counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling Foundation degree - Ulster University
- Open University Specialist counselling course in Sadness and Fear
- Certificate in Counselling - CPCAB
- Problem Solving in CBT qualification
- On-Line counselling qualification
- Level 5 Cognitive Behavioural Therapy qualification
- Single Sessional Therapy research
- Open University BSC (Hons) degree 2:1 CIM
- Level 5 award in Management, Coaching and Mentoring CIM
- Psychology Diploma in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis
- Supporting family members affected by substance misuse
- Substance misuse, understanding Alcohol and drugs addiction
- Counselling approach based on using poems and literature to help alleviate distress
- EFT Tapping
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Single Session therapy.
- £50 - £10 is paid for the 1/2 hour pre- sessional telephone session and £40 for the online/face to face counselling. If Single Sessional Therapy is not recommended the £10 is not charged. If a client is suitable however, they do not wish to progress then the £10 is chargeable
Short Duration Therapy (up to 6 sessions)
- £40 per session
- The assessment session is free
Longer term counselling
- Assessment session free
- 6 sessions paid upon agreement of counselling at the normal sessional rate -10%
Concessions offered for
I offer any key worker a 20% discount on my service for the duration of this Pandemic.