Tina Westmoreland MBACP (Accred).
I'm an experienced counsellor working with Individuals and Couples. I offer an accepting relationship, through which I aim to understand what it’s like to inhabit your world. Together we can work through your difficulties to improve your wellbeing.
What I Offer
- I'm qualified, registered and *accredited with BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy).
- I work with adults of all ages and with a wide range of issues. This can be over a few sessions or longer, depending on your needs.
- I'm fully insured and hold a current DBS certificate (Disclosure & Barring Service).
- I work from comfortable rooms close to the town centre in Harrogate - also easily accessible from Knaresborough, Ripon, Wetherby & North Leeds by public transport. If you’re driving there's parking nearby.
*BACP accreditation is a further quality standard for the experienced practitioner who has demonstrated high standards of competent and ethical practice.
How I Work
My training is 'Integrative' – which basically means I'm able to draw on a number of theories to tailor our work. I do this from a humanistic perspective and rather than give advice I'll help you gain a better understanding and acceptance of yourself and encourage you to connect with your innate resources. What underpins my approach is a firm belief in the healing potential of relationship - and research shows that it’s the quality of the therapeutic relationship that’s most important.
I know that it can be daunting, especially if this is your first step towards seeking some help. I’ll do my best to put you at ease.
Initial telephone discussions are free of charge, and without obligation, so please get in touch if you have any questions.
You can contact me by phone (07922 226229) or simply by clicking the Email button. If I'm unable to answer your call immediately, please leave your contact details and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP (Accred)
- PG Dip Counselling & Psychotherapy (York St John)
- Certificate in Working with Couples
- Certificate in Mental Health Studies (Leeds Met)
- BA (Hons)
- Institute of Personnel & Development Diploma (previously Chartered MIPD)
In line with BACP requirements I update my knowledge & skills through regular CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
- Previously Case Manager & Counsellor for a Well Being at Work Organisation (EAP).
- Several years as a counsellor in the voluntary sector.
- Bereavement counselling - Cruse trained.
- I've worked extensively with Carers/Families, both in the community as well as other settings such as GP practice.
- I've worked with adults of all ages covering a wide range of issues on both a brief/time-limited basis as well as longer term.
My first career was in HR management, working in a number of high profile organisations in the commercial sector.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
£40 (50 min session).
Fees are payable at each session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|