TherapySense - Psychological Services
Hello and welcome to TherapySense psychological services.
Looking for a talking therapist can be daunting and the main thing you need to know is "is this the right person for me?" so we offer you a free 15 minute telephone consultation. We hope we can provide a little insight into what we provide and we hope that you will find what you are looking for on our site. If you are unsure about anything please contact us and we will try to answer whatever questions you may have about our services.
We are Psychologists and therapists working independently and collectively we have over 10 years experience of working in the NHS, private and voluntary sector. We work with adults, children, teenagers, as well as providing couples interventions, family support and training workshops/consultations for corporate companies.
Why choose a Psychologist?
Psychologists are trained to use evidence based therapies, which means we use treatment that has been tested to work. In addition to this we are trained across the lifespan and can work with any age group. Our training and experience is based from working across settings in the NHS, which allows use to work using best practice according to NICE guidance and other national guidance. We can identify and work with complex mental health issues due to my clinical experience. Also we are regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and are bound to regulations set by the British Psychological Society (BPS). Therefore you can expect high quality support and service. Our training is based on a scientist-practitioner role and this means that we regularly use psychometric measures and tools to enhance our practice and therapeutic intervention.
We can work with a range of issues to include, anxiety, depression, bereavement, phobias, trauma, relationship difficulties and stress. We have specialist interest in working with physical health issues and the psychological impact these can have, ranging from chronic conditions, acute illness to physical changes like pregnancy and menopause.
We use a variety of techniques to support individuals to include cognitive behavioural therapy, compassion focused therapy, narrative therapy, systemic therapy and transactional analysis. We also use psychometric assessment to help inform my practice and use when needed. This can include mood assessments and cognitive assessments.
How to get started
Initially we offer a free 15 minute consultation where we will discuss your difficulties and it will help us to think about what support we can offer you and for you to think about whether we are the right service for you. If you decide to go ahead with treatment we offer an initial assessment where we will discuss the treatment plan and goals. We will then book you in for your appointments.
We currently offer sessions in Solihull, Knowle and Birmingham City centre.
If you are unsure of anything please do not hesitate to contact us.
Training, qualifications & experience
Dr. Tina Mistry
- HCPC registered
- BPS chartered member
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the Universities of Warwick and Coventry (DClinpsych, 2011).
- Trauma focused CBT for both adults and children (2011).
- Couples as parents, parents as couples (psychodynamic psychotherapy training) Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust (2016)
- EMDR (2017) Parts one, two and three - EMDR EXTRA
- British Infertility Counselling Association Member (2018)
- Specialising in race, culture and identity focusing on South Asian Mental Health issues
- Intergenerational trauma
Dr. Amy Woolston
- HCPC registered
- Over 10 years of exeperience working in Perinatal psychology service
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology - Universities of Coventry and Warwick (DClinpsych, 2007).
- Circle of Security (London, 2011)
- Association of Infant Mental Health member (2014)
- Society for Reproductive and Infant Psychology member (2016)
Qualified since 2007. Experience working with children and families, adults, perinatal mental health issues.
Dr. Amy Elliott
- HCPC registered
- NHS Psychologist
- Experiential Dynamic Therapy (EDT) therapist
- Offers evening appointments in Knowle, Solihull.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling we deal with
We can provide teaching to professionals on wide range of psychological issues.
We have experience of delivering talks at conferences including charitable organisations.
Additionally we can provide consultation to corporate organisations on emotional well-being and psychological issues.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
Self referred Fees:
- Free 15 minute telephone consultation
- Dr Mistry - Birmingham £120 for initial psychological assessment for adult individual sessions £120 for psychological treatment session for adults individuals (reduced rates for students/unemployed available)
- Dr Woolston - Knowle £90 per session
- Dr Elliott - Knowle £110 per session
Third Party referred Fees:
available on request
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday: 10am- 4pm- Solihull - Dr Woolston Wednesday: 9am - 5pm - Birmingham - Dr Mistry Thursday: 12pm - 7pm Knowle - Dr Woolston Friday: 9am - 5pm- Birmingham - Dr Mistry
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Looking for a supervisor that will help you explore race, ethnicity and culture? Dr Mistry has a specific interest in working with clients from a BME background.