Tim Gunhouse MBACP
Imagine a place where you're listened to with respect and understanding, a safe space where you're able to get a new perspective on whatever's causing you distress or preventing positive change in your life. That place is counselling: working together to explore and resolve the issues that are troubling you.
We will work at a pace and in a way that feels safe and comfortable for you. Working in this way we will begin to discover a way forward that feels right for you.
People come to see me for all sorts of reasons and I thought it may be helpful to list a few of them:
- You may be grieving after losing someone close to you;
- Feeling disappointed with what you have achieved in life;
- Having difficulty adjusting to life after retirement or after being made redundant;
- Feeling broken-hearted after the break-up of a relationship;
- Find yourself choosing the wrong partner in relationships or think you have a destructive relationship pattern you would like to overcome;
- You may be struggling to adjust to civilian life after leaving the armed forces;
- Struggling with food or drink;
- Struggling to care for a loved one, finding it difficult to talk to someone about the stresses that go with that;
- You may lack confidence in yourself; or
- You may just be clinging to life, living from day to day.
We will meet in a comfortable counselling room in central Taunton and I offer afternoon and evening sesssions. There is a reception area where you can wait if you arrive early for your session and if you come by car, a car park is situated less than 5 minutes’ walk away just beyond the junction of Tower Street and Castle Street.
Training, qualifications & experience
Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
Certificate in Integrative Counselling
Degree Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
I regularly attend workshops and training courses as part of my commitment to continually further my knowledge and experience, so providing the best service for my clients.
I am an Individual member of the BACP and an Associate member of the UKAHPP (the United Kingdom Association of Humanistic Practitioners) and abide by their Codes of Practice and Codes of Ethical Principles.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
I charge £35 per session.
I have worked in counselling services in Taunton and Exeter and now practice privately in the centre of Taunton.
I offer short and longer term counselling.
I attend monthly supervision. This is part of a normal professional practice for counsellors.
I have professional indemnity insurance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer weekday, afternoon and evening sessions. Please call to discuss your needs.
Types of client