T. Abigail Swift • MNCS(Acc) • MFETC(Dip) • ABNLP • LLB
The Practice Rooms
26 Upper Borough Walls
(+44) 07920 118484
Offering therapy in-person or online via Skype. Available evenings, nights, and weekends. Happy to accommodate clients with a variable schedule who cannot commit to a fixed time and day each week, and well-suited to clients who travel a lot and may wish to alternate between in-person and Skype sessions depending on location.
For clients who find it challenging to leave home, whether due to social anxiety, disability, full-time homemaker, and many other situations, flexible online therapy may be a good option.
Do you relate to any of these statements?
- Often the problem is that I don’t know what the problem is.
- I feel stuck.
- I am repeating past mistakes and following the same old patterns.
- Sometimes I do know what the problem is and what it’s about, but I am unable to feel any different.
- I want to move on, but don’t know how. I want something to change. What’s stopping me?
- I need a safe place to face the difficulties in my life and understand where they have come from.
Do you need someone to talk to? Do you feel alone, even if you are surrounded by people? Do you feel misunderstood, or that nobody really wants to listen to you? I want to. I’m here to listen.
There are times when we are anxious, depressed, frustrated, angry or generally unhappy and there’s a limit to how much friends and family can do for us. Despite their best intentions, they may feel awkward if we "complain too much" or come across as “depressing”. They may have offered advice, but nothing has changed. This is where trained and regulated Counsellors can assist. We fulfill a need in a stressful society where too many people end up coping with life instead of living it.
If you relate to anything I've just said, then something is stopping your life from being the best that it can be. Why should you settle for that? You’ve come this far and you’re reading this, so you’re not ready to give up.
Approaching a Counsellor is proactive. It’s also easy, fast and free.
FREE first session. No obligation and no strings.
- Phone or Text: +44 (0) 7920 118484 (I don't use voicemail, so a text message is a good way to reach me)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Protonmail.com is encrypted)
- Skype: Username: t.abbeyswift (Skype is encrypted)
Once you get in touch, we'll have a relaxed chat, nothing formal, and you can decide if you feel comfortable moving forwards with me.
My approach is integrative and holistic, developing a bespoke approach for the individual client. We may explore techniques from any of the following according to your preferences: Emotional Therapeutic Counselling, NLP, Creativity, Therapeutic Art, Creative Journaling, Jungian Shadow exploration (exploring our dark side), spirituality, self-development, and more. My approach is professional but not clinical. Warm, friendly and genuinely caring are the words I hear most from my clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma, Emotional Therapeutic Counselling
- Bachelor of Laws
- Certified Practitioner of NLP & Timeline Therapy
- Certified Practitioner of Hypnotherapy
Membership & Regulatory
- Accredited Member, National Counselling Society
- Member, The Foundation for Emotional Therapeutic Counselling
- Member, American Board of Neuro-lingustic Programming
After working in Law for several years, defending the underprivileged and fighting for human rights and civil liberties in several countries, I learned that my true passion is to connect with others on a one-to-one basis; to hear their story without judgment; and to find options and solutions to social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. I now work as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Misunderstood, isolated
- Lonely, shy
- Social difficulties
- Attempted Suicide
- Bereaved by Suicide
- Dark subcultures
Payment options vary to suit your needs, and discounts are available:
1) Full 60 minute session in person £40
2) Full 60 minute Skype video session £40
Discounts available for students, under-25s, retired, unemployed, etc.
After the initial free consultation, payment in advance in cash or via Paypal.
I offer sessions both in person or online. In person sessions take place in the lovely Practice Rooms which are very central in Bath with easy nearby parking.
Online clients will need some basic computer skills and a familiarity with Skype. I use Skype video for my sessions. Skype is encrypted, so I consider this the best option to maintain client confidentiality.
Skype is a program or app that you can download easily into your mobile phone, tablet, and computer. It is free to open a Skype account and free to make Skype-to-Skype video calls.
Most laptops already have built-in mic and speakers as well as video camera, so using Skype is very easy. If you’re not familiar with Skype, you can download it and find instructions at: https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/
My Skype username is t.abbeyswift.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Afternoons, evenings, nights, weekends. Late nights can be arranged. In-person, Skype or a combination. Flexible schedule.
Types of client