Tiffany Muharrem, MBACP Accredited Counsellor
I am a fully qualified and accredited counsellor. I help people struggling with a range of issues including depression and anxiety, panic disorder, bereavement, anger management, low self-esteem, social anxiety, feeling sad, suicidal thoughts, relationship issues or separation/divorce. I combine a variety of approaches to suit your individual needs including psychoanalysis, person-centred and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
Sometimes it can be difficult to express ‘real’ emotions as we can often feel guilt or shame - we may even fear disapproval from others. Everybody experiences negative emotions like anger, guilt, jealously or depression and there is nothing ‘bad’ about these feelings, in themselves. They are just your response to certain situations. My aim in working with you is to provide a warm and non-judgmental space where you can freely express and explore your thoughts and feelings, helping you to improve your awareness of yourself.
I currently offer face-to-face, online and telephone counselling. I also offer walk and talk therapy, where the counselling session takes place outdoors walking side by side.
Counselling teenagers - I have worked as a school counsellor at a secondary school in the London borough of Lambeth, counselling teenagers struggling with a range of difficulties including bullying, parent separation, exam stress, self-harm, sexuality, identity issues and those on the autistic spectrum. I have completed Child Protection and safeguarding training and I hold an up-to-date DBS Certificate to work with children and young people. I like to integrate some creative arts approaches with my younger clients including play therapy and art therapy, as I believe this allows a deeper level of understanding to unfold.
Couples counselling - The aim of couples counselling is to help couples reflect on the past and how it operates in the present day. Couples counselling can help you and your partner find ways to communicate in a more constructive way. I have completed a six-month couples counselling course and worked with many couples in private practice over the past five years. Please note couples counselling sessions take place at Kingston office only or online via Zoom.
I also have a diploma in Mindfulness which serves to support personal growth and looks at working with stress management through breath work, creative visualisations and meditation. Mindfulness has also been proven to help lower blood pressure, reduce chronic pain and improve sleep.
I am registered with Bupa, Vitality and Heath Assured. Please feel free to contact me to access counselling through your health insurance.
I am always happy to have a chat over the phone to discuss your needs and any questions you might have. If you decide to commit to counselling we will meet on a weekly basis either on a short-term or open ended basis. Call me on 07948 2626 77 to book an appointment or send me an email. For more information, please visit my website tiffanycounselling.com
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited counsellor with The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Bsc (Hons) Integrative Counselling from Roehampton University.
- Intermediate Certificate in Counselling Skills from Kingston College.
- BA (Hons) Creative Writing from St Mary's University College.
Latest professional development attended:
- Certificate in Couple Dynamics.
- Love and its Shadows - existential perspectives on love and relationships.
- Relationships and Infertility - working with couples undergoing the distress of infertility.
- NHS Clinical Development Training.
- Bereavement Counselling from Cruse.
- Diploma in Mindfulness
- Suicidal Ideation - working with bereavement.
- Applying theories of grief to practice.
- Creativity and Play Workshop - working creatively with adults.
- Certificate in Spiritual Healing from The Healing Trust.
- Understanding and Managing Anxiety in Children and Young People
- Certificate in Autism: play, friendship and social relations.
- Understanding and Managing Self-harm.
- Adapting Therapy for people on the Autistic Spectrum
- Working with obesity - looking at food addiction/binge eating disorder.
- Certificate in Telephone Counselling Skills.
- Masculinity - working with men in therapy.
- Child Protection Certificate/DBS Certificate
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
- £55 Individual Counselling (50 minute sessions)
- £45 Students or for those on low income (50 minute sessions)
- £70 Couples Counselling (50 minute session).
Counselling is most effective once a week as this helps to settle into an emotional rhythm as well as accomplish positive change at a steady pace.
I aim to answer all calls and emailed messages within 24 hours.
My working hours are Monday - Friday between 8.30am - 4pm. Saturdays: 9am - 1pm.
I am based in Surbiton where there is free parking on surrounding roads.
My practice in Kingston is at Asana Health, Old London Road (dark blue door next to Cafe Jax) and there is free parking in Asda supermarket on London Road (Max 2 Hour Stay). It is a 5 minutes walk from Kingston-Upon-Thames train station and directly opposite Cattlemarket bus station.
If you would like to find out more about what I do at Asana Health please visit their website http://www.asanahealth.co.uk/