Theresa Plewman MSc, PG Dip (BPC, UKCP)
If you are reading this the chances are you are looking for assistance from a therapist, for a place to talk things through, for relief from problems that trouble you.
Some of the issues I am familiar with working with are:
- Depression, anxiety and unexplained sadness
- Work related stresses including changing work environments
- Sexual abuse
- Difficulties related to body image
- The complexities of becoming a mother
- Grief and loss
- Relocation and immigration
- Issues of gender identity and sexual preferences
- Relationship issues – including divorce, separation, affairs, loss
- Transitions from one life stage to another eg leaving school to the next stage, or moving out of home, or starting at university.
Have a look at my website and give me a call or send an email. I generally begin with a conversation on the phone to arrange an initial session. We may have a couple of assessment sessions before we decide to work together.
I work on a one-to-one basis with adults. I am able to see you in rooms in either London Bridge, London, or a garden studio in Godalming. When you call - let me know which location you prefer.
Training, qualifications & experience
Psychodynamic psychotherapy is a collaborative therapy where together we work with your current dilemmas, all the time keeping in mind your whole life and the important relationships you have had. Together we will work towards you having a greater understanding of yourself and your world.
My relevant training is a post graduate qualification in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy gained from WPF Therapy (Accredited by Roehampton University). This is a theoretical and clinical qualification requiring many hours of clinical experience, completed over 4 years.
I have extensive experience in working with both adults and older adolescents in a range of different settings including the NHS, charities and private practice both in the UK and overseas.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
In addition to the above list, I have particular interests in these areas:
- On going depression and anxiety
- Issues of relocation - both into the UK and away from the UK
- Issues facing new mothers
- The major life transitions, in particular becoming an adult and the so called 'midlife crisis'
- Difficulties with eating and body image
- Gender identity issues
To be discussed and agreed at the initial consultation.
Standard fees are currently £70 per session.
Lower fees can be discussed depending on circumstances.
Students: I hold a limited number of low-cost spaces
Please call to have an initial telephone conversation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am not taking on new clients at the moment.
Types of client