Theresa Plewman MSc, PG Dip (BPC, UKCP)
Borough High Street
I am a professionally qualified psychodynamic psychotherapist with extensive experience in different settings - both in the NHS and privately.
I work with a range of different issues on a one-to-one basis with adults and older adolescents. I work in rooms in both London Bridge, London, and a garden studio in Godalming.
Some of the issues I am familiar with working with are:
- Depression, anxiety and unexplained sadness
- Work related stresses including changing work environments
- Sexual abuse
- Difficulties related to food and eating
- The complexities of becoming a mother
- Grief and loss
- Relocation and immigration
- Issues of gender identity and sexual preferences
- Relationship issues – including divorce and separation
- Transitions from one life stage to another eg leaving school to the next stage, or moving out of home, or starting at university
Have a look at my website and give me a call - we can have an initial conversation on the phone.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a PGDip in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy gained from WPF Therapy (Accredited by Roehampton University). This is a theoretical and clinical qualification requiring many hours of clinical experience, completed over 4 years.
I have extensive experience in working with both adults and older adolescents in a range of different settings including the NHS, charities and private practice both in the UK and overseas.
Being a psychodynamic psychotherapist means that together we work with your current dilemmas and have in mind your whole life and the important relationships you have had. Together we will work towards you having a greater understanding of yourself and your world.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
In addition to the above list, I have particular interests in these areas:
- On going depression and anxiety
- Issues of relocation - both into the UK and away from the UK
- Issues facing new mothers
- The major life transitions, in particular becoming an adult and the so called 'midlife crisis'
- Difficulties with eating and body image
To be discussed at the initial consultation.
Fees are currently £65 per session.
Lower fees can be discussed depending on circumstances.
Students: I hold a limited number of low-cost spaces
Please call to have an initial telephone conversation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client