Samantha Ashdown 'Therapy For Life' at Southend-on-Sea
30 East Street
Are you experiencing a time in your life when you feel worried, confused, depressed, and angry, have low self-worth or feel anxious? Are you finding it difficult to cope and life has not turned out as you expected? Or maybe you’ve always had a barrier holding you back from being yourself? Possibly you know someone who is suffering?
We at Therapy For Life are good at helping you discover and pinpoint where the issues lie and how to go about improving things from the outset.
Our approach is Modern and Effective, we often utilise Internet and Software to play podcasts & videos to make Therapy Creative & interesting.
We have much insight and experience working with children and young people as well as adults.
There is a sand tray, toys, books, play-dough, play house and colouring activities for Play Therapy.
Together we will create personalised tailored plans designed to help you immediately. You can learn effective Coping Skills and Life Skills for certain issues, or discover why you just seem to be going round in circles. The stages go at your pace, and you won’t believe how you arrive at the 'new you' at the end.
Take a look at our Blog Spot for some insight into how we work, how we can help you and pick up some interesting information:
Training, qualifications & experience
- National Certificate in Dental Nursing
- 12 years Sedation experience with Anxiety and Phobias
- AQA Level 2 Certificate including Loss & Grief
- AQA Advanced Diploma level 4 in Therapeutic Counselling (Transactional Analysis, Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Practitioners Diploma in CBT
- Working with children & young people certified course
- Ethical Moral Code and Boundaries certified course
The National Counselling Society (Accredited)
Insured by Towergate Professionals
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas we can help you with:
Relationships (personal, family, work, divorce and separation) ~ Work place stress ~ Addiction ~ Hoarding Anger management ~ Negative thinking & unwanted thoughts ~ Panic attacks ~ Bullying
Lack of self esteem/confidence ~ Weight problems ~ Self harm ~ Gender issues ~ Jealousy
Trust issues ~ Eating disorders ~ Mood swings ~ Infidelity problems ~ Loss (including Pet loss)
Communication ~ Shyness ~ Nervousness ~ Decision making ~ Fears & phobias ~ OCD ~ Loneliness ~ Couples
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Photos & videos
- 08/09/18 - Get more clients - marketing your private practice
- 15/09/18 - Counselling children and young people - foundation certificate 30 hours CPD
The decision to speak to a counsellor is the first positive step towards your life improving. We aim to see you within 48 hours of you contacting us if you wish, depending on your urgency.
Concession rate available for students or low-income families on benefits (proof of exemption needed)
Concession rate only applies to daytime office hour appointments
go to this link for pricing:
See our website for:
- Pictures of the room
- Pictures and details about the counsellors
WE HAVE A NEW SCHEME FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T AFFORD THE AVERAGE THERAPY FEES - PRICES AT £15, ONLY A FEW PLACES... HAVE A LOOK AND GIVE IT A TRY: goo.gl/gS72rm
Our rooms are:
Prittlewell House, 30 East Street, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6LH.
Also new rooms just off Southend-on-Sea High Street...
Weston Chambers, Weston Road, SS1 1AU.
7 rooms available to hire for counsellors at £7 per hour and a training/workshop room for hire at Weston Chambers: http://www.therapyforlife.co.uk/weston_chambers.html#training_room
Seeking help is scary... Admitting there is something wrong... even scarier!
It is usual to feel apprehensive and cautious about sharing things about yourself, particularly if you have been hanging on to your 'problem' for a long time. If you want to talk, and want your life to be different then counselling will certainly help you.
Be assured you will feel comfortable and at ease.
- Easy-going chats with a friendly therapist.
- A warm welcome every time
- No judging, no criticising
- To be seen in a comfortable, bright, relaxing and inspiring environment
- To walk away with a sense of hope from the beginning
- To walk away with a plan to suit you after the first session
- A range of therapy styles available to you
- To learn life skills and coping skills
- To be seen by a professional who engages in continued training and supervision
What you could gain:
- Greater enjoyment and satisfaction in life
- More motivation
- Increased confidence and assertiveness
- Greater awareness of yourself
- Improved communication skills
- Ability to focus and make decisions
- A new appreciation of who you are and what makes you special
- A sense of purpose
- is confidential
- cannot tell you what to do
- cannot change you against your will
- can take time and will require commitment from you to attend regular sessions
- will give you time for you
- will help you to understand yourself and the way you communicate with people around you
Counselling offers you the chance to explore, evaluate and find support, increase your self-awareness, and find clarity... and all you need to do is talk.
Recent Client Testimonials:
"On initially meeting Sam, you immediately realise why she is a counsellor. Being able to talk to someone knowing that they are truly listening is such an empowering experience. Sam shows such empathy and provides the perfect environment to be able to talk openly and honestly without the fear of being judged. Most of us at some time, for whatever reason, struggle to deal with certain issues and don’t quite know how to move forward. By seeing Sam and talking it through we worked together on coming up with a more positive way to deal with things. We owe it to ourselves to lead the happiest life possible. I would most definitely recommend Sam to anybody. You could not meet a kinder, more caring, genuine, trustworthy person. A truly positive experience. Thank you."
Keeley Smith from Essex
"Many thanks for the care, warmth and professionalism you have shown me over the last few months Sam. As I have said to you before, I am amazed at how much I have got out of the counselling sessions. I have a greater understanding of myself, feel more relaxed and able to manage life’s challenges better, which previously caused me a lot of anxiety - can’t thank you enough!"
Nicola Huggan from Essex
"I can honesty say therapy for life changed my life in every way As cliche as it may sound I feel like I've grown as a woman and person in mind and spirit. Sam was so welcoming and warm I felt comfortable and safe. Thank you is not enough I will be forever and eternally grateful."
Laurelle from Essex
"We found our counselling sessions really helpful and supportive. Sam was really lovely and made us feel at ease. Just having someone listen to our situation really helped us in our relationship. We would definitely recommend Sam and therapy for life for anyone who may have problems or struggling with life in general"
Claire and John from Southend-on-Sea
"Sam created a safe space to allow me to talk through some problems I was experiencing at the time and used tailored techniques which meant I was able to work through them both inside and outside the counselling sessions. Sam was friendly, knowledgeable and quickly put me at ease meaning I felt able to open up and discuss how I was feeling. The sessions have really helped me move forward. Thank you."
Chris from Southend-on-Sea
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
We endeavour to reply to you within 6 hours. Open every week day till late.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Recently qualified supervisors looking to build up working hours.View supervision profile