The Courtyard Garden, Psychotherapy and Counselling Practice
We are a psychotherapy and counselling service In Victoria providing assessment, treatment and support to help people understand themselves and become more able to cope with their difficulties.The Courtyard Garden in Victoria is open seven days a week from 7am to 10pm. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 730 1242 or 07455 001808.
Your relationship with your therapist is crucial for a successful outcome. Each therapist in our practice offers individual qualities and experience. Your initial consultation is an essential first step to ensure we are able to best assess your needs and match you with someone who will be able to help you with your unique circumstances.
Therapy is an experience where some things may be shared for the first time. Everything discussed within sessions will remain strictly confidential, as will all contact, whether via email or telephone.
What we offer.
Psychotherapy and counselling can help with a wide range of concerns, from overcoming present or historic life challenges to looking at specific issues including, but not limited to:
- low self-esteem
- discrimination and racism
- eating problems including anorexia nervosa and bulimia
- self harm
- mood swings
- anger management
- panic attacks
- postnatal depression
- relationship problems
- sexual problems
- sleep problems
- support with existing and long-established mental health challenges
- behavioural problems
- coping psychologically with a long-term physical condition or serious, or life-limiting illness.
All enquiries are strictly confidential and you do not need a GP referral to make an appointment. To set up an initial consultation or to discuss any questions or concerns you may have please call 020 7730 1242 and leave a message.
Types of Therapy.
We are able to offer:
- Long term psychotherapy and counselling
- Short term therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT)
- Couple counselling.
We offer Addiction aftercare to clients who have completed a 12 - step programme. Further details of the types of therapy on offer and available on the website.
Training, qualifications & experience
Our therapists are accredited with the UKCP, BPC and/or the BACP and have trained at the country’s most highly-respected institutions. Collectively, we bring a diverse range of experience to our therapeutic work – and a profound understanding of how hard it can be to maintain emotional balance in contemporary life.
Our unique skills stem from a range of professional experiences and backgrounds that include:
- clinical leadership in the NHS
- specialist knowledge of palliative care for people affected by cancer and other serious illness, including bereavement care
- expertise in the field of education including developmental disorders and specific Special Needs
- the challenges involved in the armed forces andsecurity services including associated traumas for service personnel and victims
- decades of work with addiction and its impact on families, including direct experience of the emotional challenges involved in maintaining long-term sobriety
- considerable experience of working within the creative industry including the arts, culture, media and advertising
- the pressures involved in the legal profession, both individual, international and corporate.
Everything we do aims to improve psychological wellbeing and help our patients enhance the quality of their lives. Increasing understandingof your own mind can often lead to a sense of greater balance and fulfilment.
We are dedicated to providing excellent care in a welcoming environment. We are curious and respectful of people from all walks of life and the concerns they hold.
We provide complete assurance around discretion and confidentiality.
We offer the best quality therapy we can, tailored to specific needs, ensuring the best possible outcomes are achieved. We will continue our professional development and continue to assimilate ‘leading edge’ developments and research to enhance our clinical work.
We provide quick access to therapy if you’re in distress, meaning you don’t have a long wait to get the high quality help you need. Our flexible consulting hours help you fit therapy around your work and other life commitments.
We are committed to a psychodynamic approach to treatment and our clinical work is consistent with the highest ethical standards required of our professional bodies.
We respect visual thinking and the arts which can often bring new thinking to life concerning the unconscious.
The practice benefits form a large and beautiful garden which you are free to use before or after your therapy.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Fees are negotiable and paid to each individual therapist. We aim to provide accessibly-priced therapy for each individual. Before beginning any treatment we always outline the recommended therapy approach, the proposed number of sessions (if short-term work) and the cost of your therapy.
Your fee for therapy is agreed between you and your therapist and worked out in proportion to your income. The range is between £50 - £130.
There are some reduced fee sessions available. If you think you qualify for a reduced fee, please contact us.
We are registered with the healthcare provider AXA PPP.
We have experience of working with a range of external organisations, including
- Clinical leadership within the the NHS
- expertise in palliative care to individuals affected by cancer and other serious illness
- the legal profession
- the civil service
- mentoring with BEAT - the charity for adolescents with eating disorders
- working with the National Association for Children of Alcoholics
- working closely with people following the 12 step programme for NA and AA and those battling additions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
7am to 10pm weekdays and from 7am weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|