The Counselling & Psychotherapy Centre
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
For people seeking a therapist
- The Therapists at The Centre can usually offer an appointment within a day or two and are also offering online and telephone sessions during this difficult time.
- Many offer types of therapy not available through the NHS.
- We have therapists who specialise in working with children, adolescence, adults, couples, families and older people.
- On our website, www.tcpc-swindon.co.uk you will find a comprehensive list of issues covered as well as a full profile page on each therapist describing their practice and fees in more detail.
- Therapists go through a selection procedure to join The Centre. This vetting process requires each one to meet The Centre standards and ensures they are in good standing within their profession.
- You will see that some of our therapists are featured in this directory.
For therapists seeking a consulting room
To join us visit: www.tcpc-swindon.co.uk
- Beautiful, professional rooms for counselling, supervision, training, alternative therapies and meetings in a stunning Victorian Villa in Old Town, Swindon, SN1 4AS.
- Separate intercom access to each room.
- Advertising for your practice on our high-listed, search engine-optimised website and in the press under our banner.
- Networking and cross-referring with like-minded, well-established therapists.
- We also offer support and mentoring to get you started or help you develop your practice.
- Room rental fees for therapists are:- £8.50 per ad hoc, £7 per session for regular bookings, £6.00 per session for half days and £5.00 per session for full days. All sessions are 50 mins long.
- CPD workshops often at reduced rates for Centre therapists.
Find the application form on the “Join Us” website page or contact
23 Bath Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN4 0QW
Training, qualifications & experience
Christine Fishlock, my co-director and myself have 50 years of experience between us in the counselling and personal development fields. We understand and have created the environment a therapist needs in order to provide a secure base for their therapeutic work with clients. We are both qualified, practising therapists offering Counselling, Coaching, Psychotherapy, Supervision, Mentoring and Training.
Member organisations *
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling we deal with
Other areas of counselling we deal with
Our Centre therapists cover a wide range of issues and offer services to adults, couples, families, young people and children. Some of our therapists offer online or telephone counselling.
Current fees are £8 per 50 minute hour for one off bookings and £7 for block bookings.
When we work
Our therapists offer online and telephone counselling.
The Centre is available to hire 7 days a week 8am-10pm and therapists offer appointments across these hours.