The Counselling & Psychotherapy Centre, Swindon
For people seeking a therapist
- The Therapists at The Centre can usually offer an appointment within a day or two.
- Many offer types of therapy not available through the NHS.
- We have therapists who specialise in working with children, adolescence, adults, couples, families and older people.
- On our website, www.tcpc-swindon.co.uk you will find a comprehensive list of issues covered as well as a full profile page on each therapist describing their practice and fees in more detail.
- Therapists go through a selection procedure to join The Centre. This vetting process requires each one to meet The Centre standards and ensures they are in good standing within their profession.
- You will see that some of our therapists are featured in this directory.
For therapists seeking a consulting room
To join us visit: www.tcpc-swindon.co.uk
- Beautiful, professional rooms for counselling, supervision, training, alternative therapies and meetings in a stunning Victorian Villa in Old Town, Swindon, SN1 4AS.
- Separate intercom access to each room.
- Advertising for your practice on our high-listed, search engine-optimised website and in the press under our banner.
- Networking and cross-referring with like-minded, well-established therapists.
- We also offer support and mentoring to get you started or help you develop your practice.
- Room rental fees for therapists are:- £8.50 per ad hoc, £7 per session for regular bookings, £6.00 per session for half days and £5.00 per session for full days. All sessions are 50 mins long.
- CPD workshops often at reduced rates for Centre therapists.
Find the application form on the “Join Us” website page or contact
23 Bath Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN4 0QW
Training, qualifications & experience
Christine Fishlock, my co-director and myself have 50 years of experience between us in the counselling and personal development fields. We understand and have created the environment a therapist needs in order to provide a secure base for their therapeutic work with clients. We are both qualified, practising therapists offering Counselling, Coaching, Psychotherapy, Supervision, Mentoring and Training.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling we deal with
Our Centre therapists cover a wide range of issues and offer services to adults, couples, families, young people and children. Some of our therapists offer online or telephone counselling.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Current fees are £8 per 50 minute hour for one off bookings and £7 for block bookings.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||We have a therapist who offers sign language as part of her service.|
The Centre is available to hire 7 days a week 8am-10pm and therapists offer appointments across these hours.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|