The Counselling & Psychotherapy Centre, Swindon
For people seeking a therapist
- The Therapists at The Centre can usually offer an appointment within a day or two and are also offering online and telephone sessions during this difficult time.
- Many offer types of therapy not available through the NHS.
- We have therapists who specialise in working with children, adolescence, adults, couples, families and older people.
- On our website, www.tcpc-swindon.co.uk you will find a comprehensive list of issues covered as well as a full profile page on each therapist describing their practice and fees in more detail.
- Therapists go through a selection procedure to join The Centre. This vetting process requires each one to meet The Centre standards and ensures they are in good standing within their profession.
- You will see that some of our therapists are featured in this directory.
For therapists seeking a consulting room
To join us visit: www.tcpc-swindon.co.uk
- Beautiful, professional rooms for counselling, supervision, training, alternative therapies and meetings in a stunning Victorian Villa in Old Town, Swindon, SN1 4AS.
- Separate intercom access to each room.
- Advertising for your practice on our high-listed, search engine-optimised website and in the press under our banner.
- Networking and cross-referring with like-minded, well-established therapists.
- We also offer support and mentoring to get you started or help you develop your practice.
- Room rental fees for therapists are:- £8.50 per ad hoc, £7 per session for regular bookings, £6.00 per session for half days and £5.00 per session for full days. All sessions are 50 mins long.
- CPD workshops often at reduced rates for Centre therapists.
Find the application form on the “Join Us” website page or contact
23 Bath Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN4 0QW
Training, qualifications & experience
Christine Fishlock, my co-director and myself have 50 years of experience between us in the counselling and personal development fields. We understand and have created the environment a therapist needs in order to provide a secure base for their therapeutic work with clients. We are both qualified, practising therapists offering Counselling, Coaching, Psychotherapy, Supervision, Mentoring and Training.
Member organisations *
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling we deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Our Centre therapists cover a wide range of issues and offer services to adults, couples, families, young people and children. Some of our therapists offer online or telephone counselling.
Current fees are £8 per 50 minute hour for one off bookings and £7 for block bookings.
Our therapists offer online and telephone counselling.
The Centre is available to hire 7 days a week 8am-10pm and therapists offer appointments across these hours.