The Brook DayHab
Discover Recovery with The Brook DayHab
A unique outpatient rehabilitation programme for those recovering from Addiction and Emotional Disorders
Delivered by the most highly qualified psychotherapists in the industry, we offer a variety of high-end mental health and addictions treatment providing care for the largest range of psychological and dependency disorders.
Collectively we share 50+ years in Recovery and have been supporting clients in this field for 20 years. We provide outpatient treatment rehabilitation services for those wanting to start their journey in a unique way to work around daily life.
The Brook DayHab offers a number of treatments including Equine Assisted Psychotherapy by EAGALA trained psychotherapists. The benefits of this include assertiveness, emotional awareness, empathy, stress tolerance, flexibility, impulse control, problem-solving skills, self-actualisation and much more.
By offering our treatment in an authentic rural hidden getaway and owning five of our own therapeutic horses, this allows us to be the only DayHab service that offers a perfect mix of holistic and psychological treatments.
28 DayHab Treatment Programme
Our outpatient rural programme is based on a working farm, not a shop or bar in sight. As soon as your tyres hit the bumpy tracks you set upon time for you, for your recovery. The programme includes:
- 28 x structured 90-minute Group Psychotherapy Sessions (Monday to Friday from 6.45pm - 8.45pm, Saturday 3.45pm - 5.45pm and Sunday 9.45am - 11.45am which includes Meditation and a break.)
- Weekly One to One Psychotherapy session to review your care plan and progress
- Free aftercare weekly sessions for one year following treatment with an online support group and social activities. (This is every Saturday 3.45pm-5.45pm.)
- During the programme there are weekly Family Support sessions (every Sunday 5.30pm-6.30pm) . We provide ongoing telephone support to enable strong recovery for our clients and their families
- Our structured Group Therapy, Assignment Groups and One to One’s using a psychoeducational and holistic approach. This is supported with psycho-social and pro-social approaches with CBT, DBT, REBT, Motivational Interviewing and Enhancement Therapy and Equine Assisted Psychotherapy.
- One size does not fit all so your treatment will be tailored to suit what is going to help you the most.
- Workshops will include topics to support relapse prevention, facing up to consequences, the 12 step foundation activities for Steps 1-3, re-building the future and education around co-dependency, developmental immaturity issues and relational trauma reactions utilising Pia Mellody’s model of Post Induction Therapy
- Our Assignment Group explore understanding addiction, relationships with the self and others to address the underlying causes and triggers for addictive behaviours
10 Day Split - Stable Living Programme
- You will have 10 x 90-minute structured group therapy sessions which we agree around your schedule along with 4 x 121 sessions with your psychotherapist. This also includes weekly family support sessions and a year’s aftercare. Each pattern of how these are scheduled is tailored to suit your commitments.
This works for three stages of your recovery:
- TROTTING: You are unable to attend the full 28 DayHab programme but you're sick and tired of being sick and tired. You want to build a foundation for your journey to recovery.
- CANTERING: Once you have completed 28 days you may want to step-down from treatment so you can have a phased reduction in sessions to give you the support and space to embed your learnings and define your relapse prevention.
- GALLOPING: You may be in recovery but the triggers are flaring up and you want to refresh your understanding of some techniques to support your recovery and maintain your sobriety. You may simply be emotionally stronger and ready to deal with some of the emotional behaviours and challenges that you know will continue to keep rearing their head without dealing with them head on.
One to One, Couples and Family Treatment
In addition to our Group Programmes we provide Counselling, Psychotherapay and Equine Assisted Psychotherapy with you in a number of forms from One to One, Couples to Family Therapy. Please get in touch if you want to explore how we can tailor to suit what you and your loved ones need.
Four Day Trauma Programme
Post induction therapy is designed to address the underlying issues surrounding the symptomatic disease of addictive processes. Developed by Pia Mellody, this three-day intensive programme addresses developmental immaturity that directly links to the need to engage in substance and behavioural addictions including eating disorders.
The concept addresses childhood trauma (anything less than nurturing) which has an impact on day to day adult life. We believe that this occurs on a spectrum from abandonment and neglect to enmeshment and all about family systems.
These relational issues cause difficult and unbearable feelings of shame, pain, sadness and guilt which can cause challenging behaviours.
Weekly 2 hour Aftercare Sessions
When you've been through intensive treatment, it can feel overwhelming to think you are now being left to fend for yourself without any professional support.
We know that the highest chance of a relapse is within the first 60 days of completing your treatment. We provide 12 months of weekly aftercare support (no extra charge) and by regularly attending these weekly sessions will increase your chance of long-term sobriety.
We often run Equine Assisted Psychotherapy sessions within this so as well as catching up with friends you made in treatment you can see the four-legged friends too!
Weekly Family & Friend Support Group
Addiction is like a boulder in a puddle and it's not news to anyone that addiction can destroy not only the addict but everyone around them.
Our weekly support group every Sunday helps provide a space for friends and family to have time to explore their own feelings and how the situation is impacting them.
Knowing you are not alone and getting to meet new people who you may be able to identify with can provide comfort as well as the support to learn new ways to help yourself and your loved one.
Training, qualifications & experience
- London South Bank University, MSc Addiction Psychology
- RAPT, Diploma in Counselling and Addiction Therapy, Addiction and Counselling
- Birkbeck University Of London, Cert, Counselling and Counselling Skills
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Eagala Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (REBT)
- Art Therapy
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sex addiction
- Suicidal thoughts
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
- Equine therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Group therapy
WHAT IS EQUINE ASSISTED PSYCHOTHERAPY?
What is it?
Horses hear our heartbeats and will react to the slightest changes with those around them which allows our psychologists to find those teachable moments that have the long-lasting impact.
Equine Assisted Psychotherapy is a one of a kind re-programming treatment where the horse does the revealing and the psychotherapist helps draw out explanations and provide guidance.
Activities are designed requiring you to apply certain skills to develop problem-solving skills and build awareness of your behaviours and patterns. This unique style of horse/human interaction is an effective approach to therapy that elicits natural responses and patterns of behaviour. The Therapists will be asking questions of you while observing you in action. Because horses “mirror” the behaviours of those around them, there is no hiding - you will be given immediate, honest feedback!
What are the benefits?
This life-changing therapy builds trust and communication in a fun, engaging atmosphere. It is a powerful journey of teaching, learning, and understanding.
- Learning in an experiential, fun and hands-on way that stimulates all senses and learning styles that improves awareness, acceptance and communication skills.
- Breaks through the facades so you can't hide behind a wall of words
- Gaining a better understanding how you respond and react
- Partnership with the horses provides a non-threatening catalyst for personal empowerment, growth in self-esteem and confidence, improved self-knowledge and skills in the areas of emotional resilience, problem solving, conflict resolution, communication, boundary-setting, relationship-building skills, planning and completion of tasks.
- We get so caught up in our story that we act out without realising it - but horses can reveal the hidden dynamics of what makes you tick and reveal and heal pain points that you didn’t even know were there.
What areas will you cover?
- Establishing personal insights, dropping your facade and revealing your truth
- Recognising and adapting your behaviours and looking at alternative ways to manage your reactions
- Evaluation and establishment of healthy boundaries and defining relationships
- Assertiveness vs. aggressiveness
- The value of trust and respect in relationships and the dynamics of power in relationships
- Courage, self-worth and personal integrity
We are EAGALA trained Psychotherapists and Psychologists
The EAGALA Model: The Global Standard for Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Personal Development.
As certified practitioners we adhere to the EAGALA code of ethics. With 4,500 members in 50 nations
EAGALA Certified Professionals help people change their lives by practical involvement.
EAGALA Certified Professionals complete a rigorous training programme, commit to evidence-based client solutions, utilise an exclusive team approach and operate with a strong code of ethics.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|