Teresa McFall - BACP Accredited Counsellor, BSc (Hons) UUFdSc
Professionally Qualified and Accredited Counsellor with British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
● Struggle to maintain relationships in life?
● Feel too embarrassed to speak out about how you feel?
● Ever waken up at different times at night & cannot get back to sleep?
● Struggle to get motivated?
● Feelings of sadness or unhappiness?
● Disrupted eating patterns (eating too much or too little) & churning in stomach?
● Not wanting to go out as much or just not feeling like your 'normal' self & can't work out why?
Fear & anxiety often leaks out in various ways in a persons day-to-day life. Anger, isolating oneself, loneliness, feeling like you have to control almost everything that goes on in your life, relationship issues, work issues, feeling confused and often too embarrassed to speak out.
A good starting point to feeling better and "back to your normal self" is to allow ways of understanding yourself again and to stop feeling anxious. I can help through offering counselling to help you to feel better about yourself and for you to get on with the business of living.
My aim is to provide you with understanding, compassion and being non-judgemental. I incorporate the following theories and approaches to best suit your needs: Humanistic counselling, Brief Solution Focused Therapy and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
List of some areas of counselling I deal with:
Depression, anxiety, stress, relationship issues, anger management, bereavement, Bullying, domestic abuse, emotional abuse, addiction, Low self-confidence, low self-esteem, employment concerns, financial issues, sexuality, self-harm, suicide.
Training, qualifications & experience
● Accredited Counsellor and Member with British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
● Certificate of Proficiency with British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
● First Class Honours at the University of Ulster (2008-2011): 3 Years Communication with Counselling BSc (Hons) Bachelor of Social Science
● University of Ulster (Awarded Christine Saunders Memorial Prize. Awarded on the Deans List in Communications. Awarded the Colin Hargie Memorial Prize)
● (3) Years Foundation Degree (Advanced Diploma) in Counselling at the University of Ulster (2011-2014)
● 2017-2018 (On-going) Currently training in a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Diploma. Elements of study include:
☆ Relaxation techniques; for Mind & Body Wellness
☆ Mindfulness & Breathing techniques
☆ Calming the mind
● Cert. Mental Health First Aid
● Cert. Suicide and Self-Harm Risk Assessing
● Cert. ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
● Cert. Brief Solution Focused Therapy
● Cert. Child and Vulnerable Adult training
● Cert. Awareness in Safe Guarding
● Cert. Working with Marginalised Groups
● CORE Training in risk management
● Cert. LGBT 2-Day course
● Cert. CBT Beating the Blues
● Cert. NOCN Training Victim Support Core Learning Understanding the Community Service
● (2009-2014) gaining 700+ voluntary hours in Victim Support NI
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Photos & videos
£40 per 50 mins session
(Reduced fee)/Reductions negotiable for clients on low income/unemployed/Student trainee counsellors
Free car parking with wheelchair access and location is central to local village.
If you have any questions at all or you wish to contact me, you can send me an email at the top of this page, send me a text, or leave a voice mail on my phone if I do not get to answer.
I aim to respond to you as soon as I can.
We can have a chat about the service I offer via telephone and take it from there. Once again, well done on taking this time to consider support. I wish you well on your path to seeking the appropriate support, whatever you decide at this point.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I aim to be flexible during most week days, where possible (9am-6pm) and some evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|