Teresa Kowalska MBACP (Accred) - Individual & Couples Counsellor and Supervisor
Do you feel unable to function as well as you would like, or that you are not able to cope with what life is throwing at you? I can offer you a safe confidential space where we can work through your issues together to help you cope and function better.
I am a BACP Registered & Accredited counsellor and work in a Person-Centred Integrative way, drawing on other Humanistic therapies and CBT. I have 12 years counselling experience, and have a private practice in Nantwich where I see clients of all ages, and from all backgrounds - young people, adults and couples on both a short and long term basis. I also do time-limited work with individual organisations and EAPs (Employee Assistance Programme companies). In addition, I am a supervisor and provide clinical supervision to trainee and fully trained counsellors, and I provide external supervision to individuals working in organisations in the public and private sectors.
Person-Centred therapy is a humanistic therapy based on the belief that we all have an innate tendency to develop towards our full potential, but this can become blocked or distorted by past and present life experiences, such as trauma or abuse, difficult relationships, bullying, loss or bereavement, or illness.
We can find ourselves replaying the same behaviours and patterns of relating to others – our family members, partners, children, friends and work colleagues – without understanding why… We can become stressed, anxious, panicky, angry, depressed, fearful, lacking in confidence and low in self-esteem. We can become addicted to food, alcohol, the internet, on-line gambling, sex, or anything else that numbs the feelings caused by distress.
We are all unique with individual needs, so I would work with you to establish a relationship of openness and honesty – to accept you just as you are, with respect and compassion, without judgement or criticism. I would help you to understand your experience from your point of view and to help you to reconnect with your inner resources. This process would enable you to make the changes you need – to find your own way to move forward, to a more peaceful and fulfilling life.
I have nine years’ experience of working within the NHS and Mind. I worked successfully with children and young people who were experiencing mental health issues that were causing them distress and affecting their everyday functioning, such as anxiety around exams and school attendance, generalised anxiety, panic attacks, OCD, depression, low self-esteem, bullying, peer and friendship problems, and behaviour problems.
I also worked with parents who wanted to help their children overcome their difficulties, and with parents who were finding it hard to manage their children’s behaviour. In addition, I worked on attachment issues with parents, helping them to overcome the obstacles that were getting in the way of them bonding with their children, and with parents who wanted to improve their relationships with their children.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Registered & Accredited) and abide by their Code of Practice.
- Graduate Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling – Manchester Metropolitan University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT) – Derby University
- Transactional Analysis 101 – The Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Supervision – The Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Couples & Relationship Counselling – Macclesfield Counselling and Training Centre
- Mindfulness Based Living – Mindfulness Association Ltd
- DBT Essentials (Level 1 Accredited) – Association for Psychological Therapies
- Alcohol Awareness – Central Cheshire Alcohol Services
- Triple P – Positive Parenting Programme (Accredited)
- Incredible Years – (Webster Stratton) Parenting Programme (Accredited)
- Family Mediation – ICIS
- Systemic Family Therapy Training – NHS
- Solution Focused Therapy – MIND
- Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring – Institute of Counselling
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Work-place issues; Burn-out; Bullying; Couples Counselling; Relationship Counselling; Attachment issues; Family relationships; Parenting issues; Parenting groups; Behaviour problems.
Counselling session – £40 (50-60 minutes)
Supervision session – £45 (60 minutes) / £60 (90 minutes)
Reduced rates for student counsellors – £30 per Counselling session (50-60 minutes)
£35 per Supervision session (60 minutes)
Couples/Relationship Counselling session - £50 (60 minutes)
Contract, EAPs and organisations – fees by negotiation
Concessions are available on enquiry
- Fully insured
- Current DBS Certificate (previously known as CRB)
- Registered with the ICO (Information Commisioner's Office - Data Protection)
- Comfortable and private counselling room just off the A500 in Nantwich, Cheshire.
- Home visits by arrangement.
- Early morning and evening sessions available.
You are welcome to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or alternatively you can text or call me on my mobile 07845 038 433.
Leave a message if necessary, and I will get back to you as soon I am able to.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesdays, 9am to 8.30pm; Wednesdays, 9am to 8.30pm; Thursdays, 9am to 8.30pm and Fridays, 9am to 8.30pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I work with trainee and fully qualified counsellors. In addition, I provide external supervision to individuals in organisations in the private sector.View supervision profile