Teena Judy Shami. Couples & Relationship Therapist
Hello and welcome to my page, I am Relate trained counselor and work exclusively with couples or individuals with relationship or personal issues. I have many years’ experience as a qualified practitioner. My primary work is with Relate and I also have my own Private Practice. I am a registered member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and a member of COSRT I attend regular supervision for both Relate and for my own private practice.
I offer a safe and confidential space to talk freely about the difficulties you face, somewhere where your anxieties and troubles can be heard. Together, we can acknowledge and make sense of the problems you are experiencing and explore choices to overcome these difficulties, with positivity and confidence.
Please call or text me. If im not available I may be with clients so please leave a message Then we can briefly discuss what is troubling you and set up an initial appointment.
Or if you may prefer to email, my website has on-line inquiry form.
The sessions we agree to for ongoing counselling are very much up to you, I work on a short-term basis with my clients that is open ended, so you are in control. There are no set amount of sessions. What’s most important is that you are benefiting from the counselling process no matter how long you attend.
I am a member of BACP and a general Member of COSRT. I am currently working toward the Relate Cert in Psycho-sexual Therapy.
Visit my website for more information about me and to book your first appointment on-line.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of the British association of Counseling and psychotherapy
- General Member of COSRT
- CPCAB accredited Diploma in Relationship counseling L5
- Relate Cert Relationship counseling L4
- Currently working towards Relate Professional cert in Psycho Sexual Therapy (2021)
- Relate Certificate of Proficiency
- Listed in Relates Practitioners Directory.
- Other Professional certificates include:
- Emotionally focused Therapy
- Suicidal risk and support
- Mental health
- Domestic violence and abuse
- Sex and Relationship Therapy
- Bereavement and Loss
- Gender and sexual diversity
- Gestalt Therapy and practice
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My fees are £60 per 50 min session.
From my website, you can use the on-line inquiry form to contact me, or call, text or email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer Mornings, evenings and weekends.
Types of client