Tanya Beetham, MSc, Registered and Accredited MBACP
Hi, welcome to my page. I am a counsellor and psychotherapist based in Bridge of Allan, Stirling. I work with adults and young people (13+). In therapy I provide a safe and welcoming space for you to explore and work through the things that brought you to therapy.
People come to therapy for a range of reasons. It can be useful to share the things that are causing you worry or distress, with a person who can help to make sense of some of these concerns and support you to a place that feels better for you. I am trained in humanistic integrative counselling and psychotherapy. This means that I treat each person individually, and we will work at your own pace, exploring the issues that you identify as important to you. I work in a non-judgemental way, and I believe the therapist-client relationship is important.
Areas of specialism
I am registered and accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I have worked in a variety of settings and I have been in practice since 2013. I have worked with adults and young people in school and university settings, the NHS, a women’s counselling centre, and most recently, the majority of my practice has been with young people/young adults who have experienced trauma, and who are looked after or adopted.
What if I have some questions about therapy?
There are a few ways of working out if you think I can help. You are welcome to email me, and we can discuss any questions you might have over email. We can also talk on the phone. This might help if you are not sure how you might get on with me, or if you have any questions about how we might work together. I do not charge a fee to talk on the phone.
You are also welcome to book an initial appointment for 50 minutes, where we can discuss the issues that bring you to therapy, and how I might help. I charge a fee for this session. Be reassured that choosing to come for an initial session, or to talk on the phone or via email, does not mean that you are obliged to work with me. I will do what I can to help you to make a decision that is right for you.
- One to one counselling or psychotherapy with young people (13+) and adults.
- Long or short term counselling or psychotherapy
- Daytime or early evening sessions in Bridge of Allan, Stirling.
- My room is easy to access from the train station, bus stop, and motorway. There is free street parking
- My room is on the first floor, and there is only stair access
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) in Psychology and Counselling Studies (York St John University)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP Accredited, York St John University)
- Master of Science by Research (York St John University)
- Registered and Accredited member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Graduate member of the BPS (British Psychological Society)
- Member of the PVG Scheme (Protection of Vulnerable Groups)
- Enhanced DBS Checked (Disclosure and Baring Service)
- I am actively involved in research in relation to domestic abuse, mental health and wellbeing and child wellbeing
- I have experience working in a range of practice settings. I have particular experience working with young people (adolescents) who are looked after or adopted, and with young people who have experienced domestic abuse.
- In my practice experience, I have worked in the voluntary, education, and NHS sectors. This includes work in an NHS GP counselling service, a women’s counselling service, a university mental health support service and a school counselling and psychotherapy service, providing support for parents.
- I have experience of working with a wide range of issues with adolescents and adult clients. This includes stress, depression, family and relationship difficulties, domestic abuse, trauma, and experiences of adoption and fostering (for adults and young people).
- As an accredited member of the BACP, I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework for Good practice and I have regular clinical supervision and take part in continuous professional development regularly.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
I charge £40 per 50 minute session.
I welcome students and student counsellors. I offer concessionary rates (£35) to students and people who are unemployed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have flexible appointment times including early evenings. Please do contact me for availability
Types of client