I am a Child & Adolescent Psychological Therapist. I offer therapy & counselling for children and adolescents, from ages 4 years to 25. My work is grounded in the belief that joy and confidence lie in the relational, and through developing self-awareness and the powers of expression & emotional empowerment, can help free children from anxieties and help young people live happy fulfilling lives.
Child Psychotherapy & Child Counselling helps children and adolescents with troubling thoughts, worries or traumatic experiences. I am based in Richmond-Upon-Thames and offer both short and long term therapy for a range of difficulties our children and young people are facing today. These can include:
Anxiety & Stress
Low self esteem
Relationship & family difficulties
Training, qualifications & experience
Experience & Training
I am a BACP individual member registered as a Psychological Therapist working with children, adolescents & families. I completed my Masters at the Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust. I also hold a qualification in working with the arts in a therapeutic setting.
In my previous roles, I have worked in the Adolescent Department of the Tavistock Clinic. In addition to this I have worked in CAMHS in both Child & Family Teams and the Adolescent Community Teams. I also have a number of years experience working therapeutically in school settings.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Fees for assessments & sessions
- Initial telephone conversation 20 mins : free
- Assessment with child, parent/legal guardian (1 hour 20 mins): Hampton £60. Twickenham ETNA £75 (Slight increase due to room booking charges)
- Assessment session with child or young person (50 mins): £50
- Psychotherapy session for one child (50 mins): £50
- Parent(s) only consultation (50 mins): £50
- Weekend & evening sessions 50 min: £60
Evening & weekend sessions are available.
Parent consultations are helpful if;
- Your child is under 11 years old and you think your child will benefit from psychological support.
- Perhaps you have a questions about how I work and whether it may work for your child.
Parent only consultation options
- Initial telephone consultations are for 20 mins : free
- Face to face with parents only consultations are for 50 mins : fee £50.
Parent & child assessment sessions
- Assessment sessions with parent or legal guardian usually need more than the therapeutic 50 minutes. I allocate 1 hour 20 mins, fee £60