Tamara Jennings, Dip. Integrative Counselling, MBACP Registered
HOW COUNSELLING CAN HELP
My own personal experiences led me to a firmly held belief that humans need empathy, warmth and non-judgemental acceptance in order to grow, develop courage to be true to themselves and thrive. In a world where people are continuously judged and expected to ‘fit’ into many different roles, sadly, such unconditional acceptance is hard to find...
My aim is to create a ‘safe place’ which will allow you to freely express your feelings, emotions, thoughts and fantasies and to reflect on and explore your ‘world’. I believe strongly that we are the ‘experts’ on ourselves and are capable of finding answers to dilemmas/problems we encounter in life. Thus, a client’s autonomy and ‘agenda’ is paramount to the process of counselling. I will not tell you what you should do or give you advice. My utmost priority is to gently encourage your curiosity to learn more about yourself, others and your relationships. I will support you in your quest for greater understanding of the ‘self’ and finding solutions to difficult, painful feelings and events you may be experiencing. My ultimate aim is to help you become empowered to make desired changes and move towards a more satisfying and fulfilling life.
ABOUT MY PRACTICE
I am a registered counsellor with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and offer both, short and long term counselling to individual clients.
Following an initial phone or email contact, I will invite you to attend an initial reduced fee face to face session. This first session will enable you to ask questions, to experience what counselling and working with me may be like and is an opportunity for both of us to decide if we want to work together. Should you decide to go ahead with counselling, we can find a mutually convenient time for subsequent sessions. A reduced fee Initial session costs £20 and can last up to 1 hour. Subsequent sessions will be charged at £40 and will last 1 hour.
As an Integrative person-centred counsellor, I will draw on different theories and techniques to facilitate the process of exploration and change. The choice of approaches I use in our work together will be tailor-made and informed by your specific needs and goals you wish to attain. Some of the different approaches I may use include Psychodynamic theory, which will help you reflect on your childhood experiences and how they may have shaped your sense of the self and how you relate to others; Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), which will encourage you to identify and challenge negative thoughts and self-defeating patterns of thinking and help you develop more effective ways of dealing with challenges in your life. I draw heavily on the principles of the Person-centred approach which enables me to listen and empathise with you in a respectful and non-judgemental way, thus allowing you to identify and freely express your genuine feelings and thoughts.
Numerous research studies show that the most influential factor in the success of the counselling process is the relationship between a client and their therapist. An open, warm and empathic relationship, based on mutual respect and trust, has the powerful potential to bring about long-lasting positive changes. Establishing and nurturing such a deep, meaningful relationship between us will be my utmost aim at all times.
As a BACP registered counsellor, I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions, have a regular supervision and undertake continuing professional development in order to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of my professional practice.
Please get in touch if you feel that the way I work can support you on your journey of self-discovery, finding answers to your dilemmas and taking steps towards achieving your aims and fulfilling your potential.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling, CPTA
- Introduction to Counselling (equivalent to CPCAB Level 3), Open University
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills, CPTA
- CBT: Key Knowledge and Skills, The Association for Psychological Therapies (APT)
- Diploma in Psychology (Conversion for Postgraduates), Open University
- BA (Hons) Sociology, Tbilisi State University
TRAINING AND CONTINUAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
Alongside my core training as an Integrative counsellor, I have undertaken various training courses, some of which are listed below:
- Awareness in Bereavement Care (ABC): The Foundation Course, Cruse Bereavement Care
- Working with Children and Young People, Cruse Bereavement Care
- Sudden and Traumatic Death Workshop, Cruse Bereavement Care
- ‘Getting To Grips with Gestalt' and Practical Skills in Gestalt' CPCAB endorsed Training
- 'The Human Toolbox' Overview delivered by MTCIC
- ‘Brief Focussed Therapy Overview, Attachment and Trauma Congress Discussion’ CPD Training, delivered by MTCIC
- ‘Working with Uncertainty - an Existential Perspective’ with Ernesto Spinelli organised by Matrix College
- Mentoring Skills Training, delivered by MIND, the Mental Health Charity
MY CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
Over the years, I have volunteered with a variety of organisations and charities which you can see listed below. I believe that each of these experiences enriched my life, enabled me to grow as a person and allowed me discover how rewarding I find working collaboratively and supporting people.
- Cruse Bereavement Care, a National Bereavement Charity, counselling the bereaved clients
- MTCIC Acorn Counselling Service, working with a diverse range of clients and issues such as depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, stress and relationship difficulties
- Mind, the Mental Health Charity, mentoring clients with a variety of mental health difficulties.
- National Autistic Society (NAS), providing telephone support for the parents/carers of children/adults with autism.
MY PRACTICE VENUE
I practice from a newly refurbished comfortable 1st floor counselling room in WV4 area in Wolverhampton. There is a FREE car parking available directly outside.
In my spare time I love walking, attending theatre shows, listening to various genres of music, such as pop and classical music, designing clothes and jewellery, discovering and exploring new places and cultures (my true passion), doing Sudoku puzzles and reading (the latter can also help me with falling asleep at night!). I also enjoy meeting up with friends over a cup of coffee (and a slice of chocolate cake if I am feeling particularly decadent) and sharing a chat and a hearty laughter that makes me feel nurtured and recharged!
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ORGANISATIONS
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
REDUCED FEE NO OBLIGATION FIRST SESSION (£20 for up to 1 hour session)
My subsequent fees are £40 for a 1 hour session payable by cash or cheque at the end of each session. Alternatively, a payment can be made by bank transfer ahead of the session.
Concessions available for students and trainee counsellors.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
EMAIL: email@example.com or click on 'EMAIL ME' button at the top of this profile
PHONE: 07484 143 067. If I am unable to answer your call, please leave a voice message and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I aim to respond to both, phone and email enquiries within 1 day of receiving them.
TEXT: 07484 143 067. You are welcome to send me a text message and I will endeavour to respond within 1 day of receiving it.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My regular working hours are from 9 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday. I am also able to offer the weekend appointments depending on my availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|