I am a Psychotherapist registered with the BABCP which is the British Association of Behavioural and cognitive psychotherapist. I trained as a mental health nurse in 1999 and later trained in CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) in 2009.
I am also trained to an advanced level in EMDR (eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing) which predominantly is used for traumatic memories, CFT at advanced level (compassion focused therapy), ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy) and MBCT (mindfulness based cognitive therapy), Schema therapy.
I treat the following for adults (18+ years) on an individual basis and run CBT groups and mindfulness groups.
- Anxiety disorders (panic, phobias, ocd, social, health, generalised anxiety disorder and more)
- PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) and trauma.
- personalty disorders
- PND (post natal depression)
- Interpersonal difficulties
- Self harming behaviours
Training, qualifications & experience
Mental health nurse diploma
Cognitive behavioural therapy (for sever and enduring mental health illnesses) Post graduate diploma
EMDR (eye movement desensitisation and reprocesssing) level 4
CFT (compassion focused therapy)
MBCT (mindfulness based cognitive therapy)
ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy)
I started my career as a Psychotherapist for The Priory Group in Southampton, running groups and treating patients on an individual basis.
I now have my own practice in Andover which has been running since 2015 to date. I see people on an individual basis, but from time to time run mindfulness workshops, stress management workshops, CBT therapy groups, resilience building and assertion skills workshops.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Photos & videos
I am covered by all the major health insurance groups, inc. BUPA, AXA PPP, Aviva etc..
please contact me to enquire more.
If you would like to discuss treatment options please get in touch via my website.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesday 9.30-12.30 Thursday 9.30-12.30 Saturdays 9-2
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|