I am an experienced BACP accredited psychotherapist based in Preston Park, Brighton. I offer one-to-one weekly sessions on a time-limited or open-ended basis depending on your needs. I offer both face to face and online sessions.
How therapy can help
You may be feeling anxious and overwhelmed a lot of the time and may or may not know what is causing this. Perhaps you are having difficulties in your relationship or are struggling to come to terms with an ending of a relationship. Maybe you are feeling depressed or stuck in a rut. You might find that you are repeating negative patterns in your relationships.
Therapy offers a safe and confidential place to talk through these difficulties without fear of judgement.
I am trained in using a variety of techniques that quickly and effectively lower levels of stress and anxiety in the body. These are powerful yet gentle methods of releasing trauma and stress that is held in the body.
How I work
I work from a psychodynamic perspective which is based on the idea that earlier experiences may be contributing to current difficulties. By exploring this together you may feel able to make more informed choices and make positive changes.
I also use methods for balancing the body’s energy system which can relieve symptoms of anxiety, stress, trauma and other forms of psychological distress.
Why choose therapy with me?
- No waiting lists – unlike NHS counselling services I am usually able to offer you an initial consultation within one week of your initial enquiry
- Choice of time-limited or long term work – unlike most NHS counselling services you have the option of open-ended work (no fixed number of sessions) if this is preferable to you
- Safe and confidential – I am professionally qualified and experienced in counselling and psychotherapy, I am a member of the BACP and am fully insured
I understand that beginning therapy can often seem quite daunting so I offer an initial consultation for us to meet so you can tell me more about your reasons for seeking therapy. It is also an opportunity for you to experience how I work. There is no commitment at this stage. The purpose is to determine whether the therapy I offer is right for you. If we do decide to work together then we would meet at a regular time each week.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I did my professional training at WPF Therapy in London which is recognised as one of the UK's leading training institutions with a reputation for clinical and academic excellence.
- I hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice from Roehampton University and a WPF Therapy Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Both of these trainings are approved by the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy).
- I am also an approved TFT Therapist Practitioner having completed training in TFT Algorithms at the UK Institute of Thought Field Therapy.
- I have also completed training in Energy Psychotherapy and am practised at using EFT (tapping) and other methods which work with the body's energy system to gently release trauma and stress.
I am a member of the BACP and I work to their strict guidelines of ethics and practice.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have significant experience in dealing with issues surrounding pregnancy and motherhood, including postnatal depression.
I also have extensive experience working with anxiety and panic attacks.
The fee for an initial consultation is £60.
The fee for ongoing sessions is £60.
I offer both daytime and evening sessions.
If you would like to arrange an initial consultation for us to meet and discuss your therapeutic needs then please contact me on 07786634269 or click here to send me an email. All enquiries will be dealt with sensitively and confidentially.
Monday daytime (face to face)
Tuesday daytime (online)
Wednesday daytime (face to face and online)
My consulting room is easily accessible by train being immediately adjacent to Preston Park station. Buses from Central Brighton (17, 40, 273), Hove (5 and 5A) and Kemp Town (40X) all stop nearby. There is also street parking available which is £1 per hour.