I am a qualified and UKCP registered psychotherapist and BAPPS registered supervisor with over twenty years’ experience, in the NHS and privately. I currently work therapeutically with groups and individuals in private practice.
I have experience in working with people with a wide range of issues and problems such as depression or anxiety, issues with addictive patterns, relationship issues, parenting problems, bereavement and loss.
I offer both long term and short term therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am qualified as a group analytic psychotherapist
- I am a qualified and accredited Supervisor
- I am validated as a training group analyst
- I have a diploma in Reflective Organisational Practice from the Institute of Group Analysis
- I am a qualified and registered social worker
- I have worked in the public and voluntary sectors, most recently as a principal adult psychotherapist in the NHS. I have substantial experience of working in organisational settings offering staff support, supervision and consultancy.
- I have worked with people with a range of mental health issues, such as those with a diagnosis of personality disorder. I have worked in forensic settings.
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Registered Psychotherapist
- The British Association for Psychoanalytic and Psychodynamic Supervision (BAPPS), Accredited Supervisor.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Social Worker
I conform to the standards of good practice and codes of ethics of these organisations.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- £50 per session for individual patients
- £50 per session for supervision
- £74 per calendar month for one weekly group therapy of 1.5 hours per session
- £145 per calendar month for twice weekly group therapy of 1.5 hours per session
- £50 per hour for work reflection and staff support groups
Tuesdays to Fridays inclusive from 7.30 a.m.