Susan Warner - About You Counselling Service (Dip. Couns, MBACP Registered)
About You Counselling Service
Hello my name is Susan but most people call me Sue.
I know the first steps are the hardest, reaching out for support for whatever has thrown your life off balance. I will listen to whatever you fetch to counselling and I will try to empower you to find your own way forward. Together we can uncover your inner thoughts, feelings and emotions to enable you to cope with life and its ups and downs.
I am a qualified professional Humanistic, Integrative, Person Centred Counsellor. I work from my own purpose built, confidential, inviting counselling room. Here I see people who may be struggling to cope with what life has thrown their way. No matter what the problem is, I offer kindness, confidentiality and empathy in a valuing non-judgemental way.
We all have times in our lives when we may suffer from Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Relationship problems, Family issues, Health problems etc. It can be easier talking things through with somebody who is not related or knows you. Someone who understands what you are going through. I have many life skills and personal experience, which will help me to understand your situation.
As well as working in private practice I also work with Cruse Bereavement Care Services where I see children and adults to give grief support. I have worked with Cruse for over 3 years. Working with talking therapy and creative art/sand-tray therapy, adults and children can express themselves more and at a deeper level.
I also work with children in school settings where I have worked for 3 years with children/youths from 12 years old through to 16- 18 years.
I hope to be able to help you and I look forward to hearing from you, I understand that taking the first step is the hardest, but I will make the process as easy as possible for you.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me on 07514787806 or click here to send me an email and you can have a free consultation, to see if you are ready to take the next step. I’m here to listen to you and will be there to support you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP - British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BACP - Certificate of proficiency
- Level 2 Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Counselling Studies
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 2 ACscentis accredited, Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Cruse ABC course for bereavement
- Cruse CYP course for bereavement
- CBT training for treating generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks
- Anger management
- Using Attachment Theory Across The Lifespan
- Sudden and Traumatic Death - Cruse Bereavement
- Death of a Child at any age - Cruse Bereavement
- Major Incident Response - Cruse Bereavement
- My Dreams, My Life
- Discovering My Rainbow - Autism awareness
- 'Why the Affair?'
- A Child's Grief - Cruse Bereavement
- Supporting children and young people who have been bereaved
- Working with Siblings through Bereavement
- Creative Art therapy
- Working with bereaved using sandtray therapy
Cruse Bereavement Care for adults, children and young people, for over 3 years and to present date. Also working with Diane Stevens counselling service for 3 years, working with children and young people aged from 11 to 18, in 2 schools. I am working with 16 to 18 year's at present. Supervision and CPD is ongoing.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Weekends are priced the same as above and all sessions are for 1 hour.
Free initial telephone consultation or short visit.
Possible home visits may be given, due to clients circumstances.
As well as working in private practice in my own counselling room, I also volunteer as a counsellor for Cruse Bereavement Care. Working with both Adults, teenagers and Children for the past three and a half years.
I have worked for 3 years as a volunteer counsellor for Diane Stevens agency, where I have worked with students in schools from 12 years through to 18 years.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday and evening appointments. Some weekend availability too.
Types of client